Thursday, June 2, 2011

Hello Camera, I've missed you.

There are only so many pictures taken with my phone that I can look at before my retinas start to cringe. It was high time I charged the battery for my camera. With my apartment still having cave like lighting, I was willing to jump on any opportunity to take pictures that involved good lighting.

Last night Aaron worked until 1:15am. Poor guy. They were doing something audit related that involved them "closing notes" or something (Sorry Aaron, I do listen when you tell me things.) They stayed late and rolled hours over so they could come to work at a later hour. Much deserved I say. So, what do Barnards do when there is a lunch slot open and we're together? We go to Chick-Fil-A. I think we are single handedly keeping them in business. Feel free to pass judgement.


Grace and I drove through CFA a few days ago and Grace was begging for a sippy cup. Normally I keep one on hand because when sister friend gets thirsty she needs her water ASAP. Unfortunately I had forgotten one and I was paying the price for it. I ordered a water for her (DDP for me of course). I had to remind the drive-thru person that I ordered a water and she looked down and grabbed the first cup. I pulled away and took a sip to get the water from being at the brim and was greeted with the tangy sweetness of Sprite. Grace had already seen the cup, and I had already driven away, I handed Grace the Sprite, and I think it was the best day of her life. 

Now when we're at CFA she wants her own cup. I think she hopes that she'll have Sprite again. But after handling a spastic toddler with a sugar rush, I quadruple check that it's water in there.

As Grace's hair gets longer, and the weather gets more humid, it is slowly starting to curl. It starts out straight in the morning and by lunchtime she looks like a kewpie doll. There really is no stopping her hair from doing this, and to be honest I love that its starting to curl. And the face? A "smile."

She can smile for realzies, I promise, just not for the camera.

She's like Chandler from Friends in the episode of his engagement pictures.

And do I dare mention that my baby is now 21 months? Three months away from being 2. She says things like "OOhhh das Dada," while pointing to his picture, and requesting Beego (Diego) or Dough-wa (Dora). She has hair thats long enough to part and curl and her David Lettermans aren't so David Letterman-y anymore. Then, to top it all off, she takes pictures like this where she looks like a kid and not a toddler.

I love her stinkin' guts though, even if she is growing up.

4 comments:

The Gilberts said...

Oh my gosh -- her hair! Its gorgeous and adorable and everything a little girl should have. I can't wait for Peyton to get some!

Kyle and Melanie said...

GRACE IS SO CUTE, and I miss her like crazy.

Jenni said...

Does Grace have eye shadow on? It totally looks like it in the sippy cup picture.

Bill said...

I love your stinkin' guts too Kato Potato!