Tuesday, June 7, 2011

It's June

"Oh my gosh, Aaron, it's June."

I have said this no less than 13 kajillion times in the past week. I'm very well aware of how hot it is outside. My sprayed on clothes and perma-face-sweat are definite proof that the heat is in the 90s and its only going up from there. But, despite the heat I am still shocked when I realize that its June. It's June people, how did that happen? What do I have to show for it? Nothing really. At the cusp of the summer Grace and I are still slumming it at home. Yesterday was one of those lousy days where I spent 12 straight hours in my gym clothes. Waking up in the morning late, rushing around, and once all the pieces were in place for me to head to the gym, I realized that my car was packed with stuff I needed to take to good will. Change of plans. By 3:30pm I still hadn't gone running, although I was mos' def' dressed for the occasion.


I strongly dislike when I don't exercise first thing in the morning. It nags at me all the live long day. "Hey Kara, you still haven't exercised. Mwahaha." It makes me very snippy.

Grace was sleeping and I desperately wanted to hush the nagging in my head so I sought motivation from J.Biebs. He said some wonderful things, like "There's just no turning back," "This is my destiny," and "Never say never." With coaching like that I squatted, push-upped, sit-upped, and lunged my way out of that funk.

Thank you J. Biebs. You're the best.

Aaron's work schedule is settling down and we're finally getting out of vacation mode which means we're now going to bed before midnight. So hopefully things will fall into place and we can begin to make some summery plans (it being June and all). Right now the only thing on my list is to go to the pool at least 3 times a week and drink out of this. My sister gave me this tumbler for my birthday and I'm definitely obsessed.

It seems like the perfect accessory for summer.

The final thing I have to show for June is that I've started a photography challenge. Presented by White Peach Photography.


I'm a little nervous about this process because A.) I, by no means, have any idea what I am doing in a technical photographic sense and B.) I'm insecure in my abilities to not look like a moron while posing in front of a camera. With those in mind, I do like the challenge of taking pictures each day and having fun with the experience. Why not, eh? So here we are.

Day 1: Self Portrait

Did I mention that it's June?

8 comments:

Denise said...

wow. Kara. That self portrait is STUNNING!

Julie Markham said...

Can't wait for Day 8.

Mema of 5 said...

I want a tumbler!!! All I got was a RaceTrack mug. The tumbler looks way cooler. But, wait, can you get refills with your tumbler? If not, then I'm good with my RT mug.

Your self portrait was fantastic. I think you have talent. Keep it up.

Julie--I know what #8 will be a picture of:)

Jamie said...

it's june!!! : ) let's hang out...for real...at the pool! we went yesterday, we went today, and already have plans to go again tomorrow. can you say too much sun? nope! text me and let's plan somethin!

mk said...

I'm feeling the June heat here in Provo with no A/C. Ugh. But I'm DREADING the Boston humidity -- we're moving in less than 3 weeks! Love your picture, you're so beautiful.

Rachel N said...

Two things:

1 - I have Bieber Fever.

2 - You are seriously SO gorgeous!

Bill said...

Nice Photo! It's great to see you in such a flattering light. You've always been beautiful but this shot brings out the best of your features. Love you always. Dad
AKA Poppy

Rachel said...

I love you. That's all I have to say.