Tuesday, June 14, 2011

Poison of Choice

I can vividly remember making the transition from regular sugar filled soda to diet soda. It was part of my initiation into adulthood, or my initiation into I-can-sacrifice-taste-for calories-hood. I hated it. The taste was vile and false. I stuck with water for awhile. I don't know why I took the plunge again, but I did. I got to the point where I could drink diet soda if I was eating something with it, and it wasn't nearly as bad as I remembered.

Now, unfortunately, it's my jam, my nectar, my "you've survived today" reward. And my poison of choice is obvious, as mentioned hundreds of times on this blog, Diet Dr. Pepper. If it was possible to have a love affair with a soda, then I would totally be having one right now. Think prancing through fields together kind of affair. Moving to Texas made this habit worse. You can get DDP on tap almost everywhere. Evil. When I've had a particularly rough day, or am in desperate need, I go for the good stuff and get one on tap. In my experience Chick-Fil-A has the best (Sonic's always taste like tater tots), which is convenient seeing as I'm always at Chick Fil A.

After a day like yesterday I was bound and determined to make the most of today. At 9:30am when things were starting to turn all "banana like" again, I tore out car chase style, screeching tires and all, to CFA for my first DDP. There is no shock value when I say "DDP is my bad habit."

Day 8: A Bad Habit

4 comments:

Kelly said...

I really believe that you and I were meant to be best friends. I love DDP! If I write a blog one day I will think of you ever time I write!

Mema of 5 said...

At first I thought your bad habit would be M&M's but DDP makes way more sense.

Ashby said...

I TOTALLY agree with you on Sonic! I never order water from them for that reason. Their ice tastes just like tater tots! LOL! I hope you enjoyed the h*ll out of that DDP. Somehow those drinks make life worth living again.

erika herman said...

I love this photo challenge thing you are doing. I love how you can even make bananas and DDP interesting. You are a natural writer, my friend.