Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 2

Day 2, of the aforementioned photo challenge, required me to take a picture of what I wore today. I had plans of going to the pool this morning and racked my brain as to how I could take a picture of just me in a swimsuit and feel okay about posting it for the world. I figured a swim cover-up would do the trick. This morning, however, Grace had different plans. Her 103 degree fever required a stay-at-home-in-your-jammies kind of day. So jammies it was.

Day 2: What you wore today:

Thankfully The Sick has stayed away from us for a few months, with a brief intermission for Aaron to get a sinus infection. It's been so long that I have forgotten just how much it sucks to watch your baby battle with The Sick. We got comfy this morning on the couch and snuggled while watching a Dora DVD. Nothing on the agenda but 1. Drink Fluids, 2. Get Rest, and 3. Feel better.

Grace must have also penciled in "Sit at the table" on her agenda, as she kept pulling me by hand to the table and sitting across from me. I wish I knew what the time frame was for "sitting at the table" because she kept getting mad when I would leave to go and grab something.

The battle wages on and I'm keeping my fingers crossed that sister-friend is back to her normal happy self by tomorrow. Oh, I just love her.

7 comments:

erika herman said...

She is getting so big! I have to agree with your earlier post that she is looking more like a kid and less like a baby/toddler every day. By the way, you are stinkin' gorgeous. I was thinking about you and your wedding the whole time we were in D.C.; I miss you!

DoubravaFam said...

She's so cute! I love the last picture of her with her pink flower!!! I hope she feels better soon!

DoubravaFam said...

okay..I think the flower's really red..or, I may just be retarded. Either way: super cute!

Shannon said...

Hope Gracie girl gets feeling better el pronto. Kara, your hair is so long and gorgeous! Such a babe. Have you rescheduled your CA trip? I simply MUST know.

Unknown said...

I love this series so far! You are gorgeous, even in your sick day get-up. I hope Grace feels better quickly!

Rachel said...

Wow, that last pic of Gracie is stinking CUTE. How funny about her keeping you at the table. I always wish I could be a fly on the wall of a kid's brain.

Ashby said...

Hey, I was in my pj's all day today too. Except I had no excuse other than the fact that I willingly chose to not shower until 4:30 in the afternoon. I hope that Grace gets better soon!