Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Exposure

Day 16: Long Exposure
Life is settling into a steady stream of normal. Days that have short To Do Lists like laundry, and vacuuming and afternoons that allow for hours of play for Grace at the mall play area. When things get hectic I begin to crave normalcy, and when it arrives, it never disappoints. There is something so refreshing about order and structure and having dinner ready every night at 7. Part of me thinks I could totally rock the slow paced rural lifestyle. But rural towns lack Walmart and Target, and I'm not sure I could do without those. For now, I'll enjoy the slow before it gets upset by the hectic.

3 comments:

Kelly said...

Sweetie... I would say this means you need a second child!

Unknown said...

I so know what you mean. I sometimes dream about living on a farm with chickens, with a nice wrap around porch and a gorgeous view with no obstructing neighbor's houses, and then I remember how much I love Walmart and Target...and convenient airports for that matter. I wonder if there is such a place that has it all. You're doing great with all these posts! I'm really enjoying not only the awesome photography but also your thoughts.

Kyle and Melanie said...

Did you know that Boise, ID can be considered Rural... AND it has a Walmart and a Target!!!

I'm just sayin'...