Sunday, June 12, 2011

By Association

You know how when you get married the things that you love and the things that your spouse loves start to intermingle and you find yourselves loving the same things. It's the whole "coming together and becoming one" thing. In my head the Spice Girls song "Two Become One" is totally playing. Aaron loves the Dallas Mavericks. Always has. He loved them when their skills probably didn't really deserve that love. Through thick and thin this boy's fandom has not wavered. That love has spilled over and now I, too, love the Dallas Mavericks. I actually care when they lose. I cheer when they win and get anxious and nervous when the score is close.

But, my love still pales in comparison. Tonight the Dallas Mavericks won, for the first time in franchise history, the NBA Championship. Aaron was on cloud nine, happy as can be. Soaking up all the post game interviews, discussing the "awesomeness of Dirk" and feeling justified in his stalwart faith. Tonight, one of his boyhood dreams came true.

He watched the game with intensity. Eyes on the screen, pure focus. Don't let the somber look fool you. He was engaged with every play.

Day 6: From a Low Angle

Way to go Mavs!

1 comment:

Lindsey Walker said...

Ha ha, it's true, you do start loving what your husband loves. Dan is obsessed with food, and now I am too. Way to go mavs, although I am not into sports at all and neither is Dan- which is probably why I sill don't like sports :) It was fun to run into you the other day.