Monday, June 20, 2011

Lucky Number 13

Day 13: Yourself with 13 Things

First off, I'm totally sitting on our porch in this picture, on a blanket. Just so you know.

Here I am, sitting with 13 things. 13 things that I brainstormed with Aaron, and my Mom. 13 things that you may or may not know about me. And, honestly, 13 reasons why I'm totally awesome. (Insert double wink blink here)

1. Dora DVD- I have it memorized. I know the exact path that Dora and Boots take to get to the super silly fiesta. I never panic when the Big Red Chicken loses his cake, because I know that it's on the top of his head. And, by golly, all those spanish words are leaking into my vocabulary. "Gracie do you want to get up? Arriba?" I'm waiting for the day that the spanish slips out in public. Then I'll have to play it off like I totally don't watch Dora with my 21 month old daughter, when in fact I totally do.

2. Scriptures- These are my new set, the set that has my married name inscribed on the front in cursive-y font. My last set was a turquoise number that I used while attending early morning seminary in high school. They are marked, high-lighted, and written on everywhere. And sometimes the things I noted are embarrassing to read. Let's just say that I made some lame analogies. My new set has yet to be marked. I like that they look clean and uncluttered. But, those pages are begging for me to learn new things and see the verses and meanings in a whole new light. And I love that.

3. Pillow- It's underneath the scriptures and Dora. I love my pillow. When I travel, I take it with me. I swear I sleep better with it. Nothing cradles my head quite like that pillow.

4. Keys- These dang keys. No matter what I do I can never remember where I put them. Aaron got a lanyard at work which I adopted and it has drastically cut down in the amount of search time required to find my stupid keys. It has not, unfortunately, helped me to have a better memory.

5. To Do Lists- A new practice for me. Now a new obsession. It's amazing the amount of gratification that can come from crossing something off of my To Do list. Sometimes after I do something that isn't on the list, I write it on the list, just to cross it out.

6. Camera Cap- My camera was obviously in use so the cap represents it. I love my camera. Sometimes I wish it wasn't older, so it had new and nifty capabilities. But, it is still an incredible device and figuring out how to make the most of what it can do has been exciting.

7. Laptop- My outlet. And I picked out the desktop picture, not Aaron.

8. Photo Album- I absolutely love looking at pictures. I look at them over and over and over. There are some that I have looked at so many times, I swear the images are tattooed onto my frontal lobe. Pictures capture who you are at any given moment, and when looking at them you get to take your memory back to that place, back to how you felt in that moment. I love trips down memory lane and pictures are the best form of travel for me.

9. Chocolate Chips- I love Chocolate chip cookies, there is no mystery in that.

10. Kindle- Small portable device. Books instantly. Heaven.

11. Diaper Bag- Aaron picked it out for me. The backpack, shoulder bag combo fills me with joy. I live out of this bag.

12. FRIENDS DVD- Aaron and I like to watch a show before we go to bed. Without DVR/Tivo or cable we've turned to our collection of DVDs to get us through. We've already been through Seinfeld and we've moved onto Friends. Despite the fact that I have seen each episode more than I care to admit, that show still makes me laugh.

13. Family Portrait- This picture was drawn by my niece. I want to frame it. I love that she lives close enough that I get to receive her artwork on a weekly basis. I love that she added muscles when Aaron requested them, and I love that its a totally accurate portrait of my little family. It doesn't hurt that I love my niece too.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Have I mentioned that I am loving these posts? Two things that remind me of you that weren't in the picture. M&Ms and Diet Coke. I'm thinking the chocolate chips represented the M&Ms but there's no excuse for the missing Diet Coke

Rebecca said...

I am a list maker, too, and I also add completed items just so that I can cross them out.