Monday, June 13, 2011

No One Likes Bananas on an Off Day

I should have taken it as a sign that today was going to be off. You can't go to bed at 2:15am, wake up at 6:15am to run, and be juiced to take on the world one "To Do" at a time. I should have thrown in the towel at 7:30am when my egg yolk broke and produced a rubbery-goodyear-tire like egg that I forced myself to eat.

Instead, however, I set lofty goals and scribbled a "To Do" list 8 miles long. "I can totally do all of this today, no biggie."

After a series of Epic fails and an entire water bottle emptied in my back seat, I gave up. I shut my sleepy eyes on the floor of Grace's room as she played, only to be awoken by the tearing of Grace's diaper and her pointing to inform me that she had made a deposit and she wanted me to be aware of the occurrence.

The last thing I wanted to do was take a picture of fruit. Especially since one of my failed To Do's was to buy blueberries for the picture so I could tell all about what blueberries mean for me and Grace.

Instead, I changed Grace's diaper and headed out to the patio with our fruit bowl. There is no interesting story, no reason why bananas sat on the other side of my lens, but a simple meaning that life is crazy sometimes and when you expect lemons and you have a totally perfect recipe for lemonade, sometimes you get bananas and you just have to make do. 


Today was definitely a banana kind of day.


Day 7: Fruit


2 comments:

Cherie (and sometimes Senor) said...

I'm glad to know I'm not the only mom out there who falls alseep in the floor (or on the couch) sometimes when their kid is playing, only to wake up to them still there and behaving pretty well alone. (cue wiping drool from cheek here). Thanks for making me feel normal.

Diana said...

Oh man, I'm pretty sure I've had a banana kind of week. Bleh, glad to know I'm not the only one. Hopefully your week improves, love you!