Monday, May 30, 2011

I'm on a Boat!

There are lots of things that I love in this world, reading good books late into the night, taking naps on Sunday, and Diet Dr. Pepper, just to name a few. But at the top of the list of things that I love are boating, tubing, friends, family, and fun (and alliterations).  In my contract for things that I want in heaven, going out on a boat is written in the "must have" section. I love it. It's a good thing that I have some serious boat related connections and some awesome friends that enjoy celebrating their birthdays in such a fashion.

My sister's sister-in-law, Becca, had a birthday on Saturday and we all partied "I'm on a Boat" style.

It was Grace's first time on a boat and sister friend is just like her Momma. Like she was born there and made to ride on that boat.

Tubing was on the agenda. Becca and I held on for dear life as we rode Superman style on the tube, constantly checking with each other, in between sprays of water and bouts of hysterical laughter, "Are you good?!" But my skills are unrefined and I wiped out twice. I do, however, have some sweet battle scars that prove I didn't go down without a fight.

The boys tested out their new wake-surfing board skills. (yes I now know there is a difference between a wakeboard and a wake surf board). And we even dipped the little ones in the water. Grace and Tyler bonded.


Only in Texas.

We stayed out until the late afternoon, kissing nap times goodbye. But the little one's were sending serious messages that it was time to head back to the dock.

Connor couldn't hold out and he slept the whole ride back. There is nothing cuter than a sleeping babe in a life jacket.

My shoulders have been kissed, or severely slapped, by the sun and if I close my eyes I can still feel the slow sway of the boat rocking. It was a glorious glorious day.

Not to mention that I grabbed Chick-Fil-A for dinner on my way home and I happened to be the 100th customer, my meal was free.

I submit that the day was pretty close to complete perfection.

1 comment:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Aw, glad you could go! How awesome that your sister's sister-in-law birthday party included you guys! I love when families intermingle like that. By the way, your summer looks hotter than our summer. (But ours is easy to beat!)