Thursday, May 5, 2011

5 Years

Now that I'm in my mid twenties I look back at the day we got married and think "Holy crap, I was so young." 19 years old, marrying a 22 year old, dated for 6 weeks before getting engaged and 5 months later getting married. To be honest, the numbers don't add up or make logical sense. In every scientific respect our union was doomed for failure before it even began. 


But despite every logical red light going off, every warning, I knew deep down that this was a very very good thing. It was so right that not marrying Aaron seemed like the wrong thing to do. I couldn't deny the goodness and we went for it. Looking back, I'm glad I had the faith to go for it, because it was the best decision I've ever made.  Take that logic and science.

Happy 5th Anniversary



Always and forever.

4 comments:

Diana said...

Yay! Happy Anniversary! I think the same thing every time I remember that I got married when I was 19, I'm always like, My parents let me do that?!?? I'm glad you have internet back, hopefully the move went good...well as good as a move can go! Love you!

Shannon said...

Firstly, happy FIFTH! That's a wonderful milestone and you and Aaron are the perfect match.

Secondly, you're BACK! Yay for us :).

Thirdly, those wedding pictures are timeless and classy and you look gorgeous.

Have a great night, you two crazy kids.

Rachel said...

Holy crap, I can't get over how stinking amazing your wedding pics are. SO. GORGEOUS. You guys are so cute. Psh, logic and science this. Love ya!

Unknown said...

Hey, congrats! It is a good thing that these "blind" marriages work out. I feel the same way about getting married so young, and I was a ripe old 21. Glad you're back!