Friday, May 13, 2011

The Weekly Randos

Rando: Random sans "M." It's my new favorite word.

I have a confession to make, I don't like to blog when I don't take pictures. Shocker, right? I was bummed when I scoured my pictures a few days ago and for the life of me couldn't find a picture of just me and my Mom (in recent years) that I could have attached to my Mother's day post. Speaking of which, Mom, you and I need to take a picture together. Just you and me. I also don't like to take pictures when the lighting isn't good. The lighting in our last apartment was awesome, but at the new place our lighting is very cave like. I've resorted to phone pictures and the occasional right-next-to-the-window pictures to compile enough memories to go off of this week.

Mother's Day

It was low key and relaxing. I almost cried when I saw this craft Grace made for me in nursery. Almost.


Smiles

Grace has a special smile, one that has been well documented. I guess Grace thought it lacked some pizazz so she added a new dimension: eyes shut tight. And yes, I totally let her play on this ladder, I'm sure the yellow warning label on the side tells me not to, but I haven't read it.

Shades

There is nothing I love more than little kids in sunglasses. Even better when they put them on themselves.

The Bag

There is a bag of clothes, mostly sweaters and maternity shirts that I have yet to unpack. I have zero desire to deal with this bag. I'm sure it would take me 20 minutes to unpack it and put it away, but I just can't make myself do it. We have fished out some of the contents inside, and we even play with the hats in it. But yet, it still looms in the background. Dang bag.

New Friends

I met a girl that Aaron went to high school with through our blogs. Showing the signs of the times, we struck up a friendship via the blogosphere and then we moved to Dallas (where she lives as well). For about 7 months we have planned, cancelled, and re-planned times to meet and get together. We tried to meet at the park but our timing was an hour off. Finally, finally, we met today at Chick-Fil-A. All good things happen there. In the land of boys it was very fun to get together with Jamie and her girls. Lets do it again soon, eh?

You should also take note on the fact that I have graduated from a regular size CFA Diet Dr. Pepper to a large. I'm developing a serious problem. 

Now it is time to start the weekend off right. Breakfast at Chick-Fil-A with a large Diet Dr. Pepper.

4 comments:

Rebecca said...

We have the same Ikea entertainment center!

Jamie said...

i hate to blog when i don't have pictures either. sadie has those same shades that grace has on. stylin'! and i love that picture of sadie, so cute. thank you for not posting the pictures you took of me...i'm pretty sure we'd have to stop being friends because i know i wasn't looking my best that crazy morning! we had so much fun with you girls and i hope we can make that chick-fil-a date a weekly thing!

Ashby said...

I hate blogging without pictures too. Looks like you need to start a photo a day, huh?!

The Gilberts said...

Justin would totally approve-- he would love to live next door to Chick-Fil-A! Much to my chagrin- lol