Thursday, January 19, 2012

Notice Anything?

Do you notice anything strange about the picture below? I mean, aside from the lack of pants, bib, and hairdo my child is sporting. Look really hard. Do you notice anything amiss? Did you notice it the first time I posted this picture? Be honest.
I always thought the Grace letters looked off to me. And honestly, I chalked it up to the fact that the "C" was at more of a downward angle than it should have been.

While on FaceTime with my parents a few days ago, we chatted, Grace read books and showed off in normal FaceTime fashion, and as we were about to say goodbye my Mom says, "You know the letter "A" in Grace on the wall is backwards." I said, "What?" and turned to look behind me only to realize that for 7 months I had never, not once, ever, noticed the letter "A" was backwards. Insert serious forehead slap. I said back, "I had absolutely no idea."

In an instant I thought about the countless people that have been in Grace's room and had personally witnessed my lack of spelling abilities on my child's name, displayed ever so proudly on the wall in her room.

And then I realized that I had posted it for the blogosphere to see.

I felt like a huge moron.

So, now it is fixed, and for obvious reasons looks much better.
So, did you notice it?

14 comments:

Berta said...

You are too funny! I love it!

Chris said...

To be honest, I noticed right away but thought you were trying to be artistic.

Krista said...

You are so cute to laugh at yourself! I almost emailed you, but then, like Chris, I figured you were being artistic. :) I'm cracking up that you and Aaron both have two "a"s in your names and didn't notice! Hee hee!

Jamie Smith said...

I did. And I think you're awesome!

Ashby said...

I noticed, but still think you're the best!

Allison Barker said...

Never noticed! :)

Diana said...

I think I should be more embarrassed then you. I noticed but you know how when you look in the mirror and things are backwards? I thought that for some reason it must be the reflection from the camera so it only LOOKED backwards...but then that would mean the rest of the letters would have to be backwards. Embarrassing.

Kinsey Pistorius said...

I did notice it but I thought you were making it very original! :)

Rebecca said...

I noticed, but I thought you were doing it to reflect her spunky personality.

McKenzie said...

Nope... I guess I put total trust in your spelling abilities. :)

Lynsey said...

To be honest, yes I did notice right off. I thought that was the way you liked it. :) It looks great the new way too! It's funny how many of us did notice, but didn't say anything. Just thought you were more artistic and creative than us. :)

DoubravaFam said...

I did notice but didn't say anything...it looks cute either way though!

Dyanna Stephens said...

I noticed... but I thought you were trying to be artsy about it and thought it looked kinda nifty. If you wouldn't have told me, I would've never known.

Unknown said...

That's hilarious. Honestly, I noticed, then I wondered if you were trying to be cutesy and kiddish...although I had a hard time really believing that was your style. :) You're so great for many reasons, but especially because you're able to laugh at yourself!