Wednesday, January 4, 2012

Christmas Card Photos

The months leading up to December I was thinking about our Christmas card. It involved a pencil skirt and big necklace for me, and perhaps a suit coat and scarf for Aaron. A lot of reds, blacks, and whites. Something very classy. I spent countless hours trying to figure out a way to make this idea in my head come to life in a very affordable fashion. Nothing was really coming together, but I held hope that I could make it happen. Then one day in November Aaron says to me, "Let's do a cheesy ugly sweater Christmas card this year." In an instant all of my classy Christmas card ideas were gone, I said, "That is an awesome idea. Let's do it." 

I enlisted the help of my mother and her awesome thrift store finding abilities to help with our cause. One large package of sweaters later we were set. Camera. Tripod. Timer. Perfection.

In case we weren't able to get our card out to you, here are the three pictures that made the cut.


I honestly don't know where Aaron learned to make faces like that, but he has some serious skills.

Here are a few honorable mentions.

We only took about 10 pictures total and the whole process was hilarious from start to finish.

So Merry Christmas Y'all! From the Super Dee Duper Barnards!

4 comments:

Alyssa said...

Your family Christmas card was a definite favorite this year. It's a classic. I laughed and couldn't help smiling every time I looked at it. You might have started a trend for next year. :)

erika herman said...

My favorite part is the giant poinsettias in your hair. That's classy.

Unknown said...

words can not describe how awesome these photos of you guys are!

Stephanie said...

This made me laugh so hard. Aaron looks super creepy and you look gorgeous of course!!