Friday, January 20, 2012

A loves K

I'm probably the last person that should be on Pinterest. I have limited abilities when it comes to decorating my apartment, crafting, fashion, gourmet cooking, and entertaining my child in a planned and prepared way. If I pin something, the likelihood that I'll follow through with it is pretty slim to none. So I pretty much stopped pinning things.

But, I did pin one thing. And I fell in love with it. When this little image graced my screen, I knew it had to me mine.
I followed the given link and landed on this etsy shop. I sighed a soft and dreamy sigh as I daydreamed that this necklace would one day be mine. I bookmarked it as "Christmas gift" on my sidebar.

Aaron asked, "What would you like for Christmas this year." I pulled up the picture. "I want this little beauty." By the time I copied and pasted the link into an email and sent it to Aaron, I realized something strange on the etsy shop front page. A short sentence informing potential customers that the etsy shop would be closed from December 5th to January 5th, so that those who already bought items could receive them before Christmas. And then my bubble burst. It was December 7th. Shop closed.

Christmas came and Aaron, as always, pulled through in the gift department, despite me not really asking for anything else. He's a wonderful man. 

Days and weeks went by, and I completely forgot about the necklace.

Yesterday morning I woke up and started getting ready when I noticed a small box on the table with a heartfelt hand written note. And inside the box I saw the necklace.
I love this man I married, and most of the reason why I loved the necklace was because it expressed that sentiment. Metallic proof that we both still dig each other, a lot. He knew I loved the necklace, made sure to place an order when the etsy shop re-opened, checked the mail daily to make sure that I wouldn't find it, and then set it out to surprise me in the morning. He's a definite keeper.

A really does love K. But K loves A a whole lot, too.

4 comments:

Mema of 5 said...

That is SO SWEET! Aaron really is so thoughtful. And, I like the fact that the "A" is facing the right direction. Booyah!

Aurich said...

Your stories always suck me in.. I'm not much of a blogger even though I have one I don't really use it but when I see that u have posted I actually get excited to read it! So don't stop posting, or I lose my entertainment lol thanks!

Shannon said...

I love it! I love the silver one. It's so pretty and I'm so glad you got a sweet surprise today (or whenever you got your surprise) :).

Jamie said...

Love the necklace; love that Aaron was so thoughtful!