Friday, January 6, 2012

14 Weeks

The story is a familiar one. I was twelve weeks pregnant with Grace when I really started to notice my "belly" sticking out. It looked so obvious to me. My skirt hugged tightly around my hips giving way to my stomach which required a little more room. "You can totally tell I'm pregnant now," I told Aaron "Don't you notice it?" I'm pretty positive his answer was, "Ummmmm, sure." Which meant he saw absolutely no difference at all.

In my mind, since everyone could tell I was pregnant now, I begged Aaron to get the camera to document the occasion. Like the loving husband that he is, despite his lack of seeing what the heck I was talking about, he snapped a few pictures, solidifying that moment in time.

There were plenty of times later in my pregnancy, and after my pregnancy, that I looked at that picture and thought, "What was I thinking? I can't tell a difference in the slightest." I vowed for subsequent pregnancies, not to take a picture unless someone could really tell that there was a bump. Meaning you wouldn't have to squint your eyes or turn your head just to make it out.

The other day, I felt like it was time. So I took a picture with my phone and sent it to Aaron. 14 weeks.
And then I laughed at myself, because you really can't tell in this picture either. Maybe one day I'll just wait until I'm 20 weeks along. Until then, here is the first documentation of the "bump," if you can call it that.

5 comments:

Tiffany said...

I love your excitement for this baby! I'm sure I'll be just as nutty when it finally happens for me. Sometimes I rub my belly fat and think of the excitement of one day being pregnant. You should totally stay excited for all of these moments

Lindsey Walker said...

I can definitely see a tiny bump! Yeah!

Rebecca said...

Loving the posts!

mk said...

Yay for second babies! :)

Tiffany said...

You totally look like the beginning of pregnancy bump! Love it! SO happy for you Kara!