Thursday, January 12, 2012

Memory Box Continued

Well the spirit of the Memory Box lives on. After being ever so sneaky-sneaky-sir about smuggling my old memory boxes onto my sister's moving truck last year, my Mom is now down to the final stages of de-cluttering her house. So she is straight sending me memory box stuff. One such brown box arrived a few days ago.

I took time during lunch while Grace was napping to sift through a few of the items. Mostly Senior year graduation stuff, seminary graduation, and, very unfortunately, my senior picture proofs. Proofs, meaning they take a bizillion pictures, let you see them all, and then you choose which pictures to spend your parents money on. I'm pretty sure, back then, I disliked most of the pictures. But now, years down the road, they seem 25 times more awful. Don't believe me?

I'm my personal opinion, no teenage girl should ever be asked to pose like this. I am not AC Slater from Saved by the Bell, I never ever sat like this. But the head tilt is in full force my friends,
I'm lousy at the "Serious Face" pictures, still. I normally just look angry so I try desperately to not look angry and end up looking like I'm listening to Marvin Gaye and trying to seduce the photographer. Case and point. And yes, my eyebrow is slightly raised.
"How you doin'?"
I laughed with Aaron and my sisters about these pictures for a good hour or so. Totally made my day.

Nestled snugly between graduation programs and senior proofs was a picture that knocked me off my rocker. When Grace and I are out and about I get a lot of comments about how much Grace and I look a like. "She's like your little clone, isn't she?" and "There is no mistake as to who your Mom is!" I get asked a lot if I think we look alike, and to be honest, I don't think we do. Grace has so much of Aaron's personality and body shape that I see a lot of him when I look at her. Then I saw this picture and thought for the very first time, "Oh my gosh. I'm brown haired Grace."
I think that is the last of my Memory Box items (right Mom?). So I might just go ahead and seal that sucker off. Cat journals and picture proofs can only be handled every so often. It is now time for Grace to start making her own memories that will embarrass or make her laugh years down the road. I've already had my fun, time to pass the torch.

6 comments:

Berta said...

the last one is the Kara Kate I remember so well!!

Tiffany said...

I word: AWESOME! Haha.

kgsmiley85 said...

I was giggling at the toes tucked under in the first picture :) I do that sometimes!

Rebecca said...

It's extra funny because the last time I saw you, you were the age of your senior pictures, and every time I see a recent picture of you, I think, "wow. She's all grown up!". (The ac slater pose is awesome)

Rebecca said...

In other news, we must plan a visit the next time we're in the same state.

Diana said...

I don't think these pictures could get any better...unless they had more eyebrow raises, LOVE that! And yes, Grace is 100% your mini-me.