Saturday, September 5, 2009

Settled In

This is Kara's mom, again. I've been coaxed out of retirement by Kara. She is finding that her time is no longer her own and posting has taken a backseat to nursing and sleeping. I will try and bring you up to speed on life since Gracie's arrival.

First, a word about the toes. Gracie got Aaron's big toes. They are unusually large with a mammoth space between them and the next toes. Kara is NOT happy about this gene being passed on, but Aaron is quite pleased.

Meanwhile, Gracie has spent her time napping--

with Dad and
with Momma.

She passed her hearing test,

and met new friends, both little
and big.

She showed off her mullet,

gave us a glimpse into her eyes

and got dressed for the first time.

She posed for "leaving the hospital pictures"

and discovered a Welcome Home sign on her front door.
(props to Mema since Poppy and his awesome sign making skills won't arrive until Saturday),

And now she has settled into life as
Gracie Kate.

14 comments:

Shannon said...

I just want to kiss those cheeks! She is adorable. A-dor-able. Hope you are resting and recuperating and enjoying having your fabulous mom be with you guys. And I think the toe thing is pretty cute ;). Besides, Aaron can have the toes, she's got Kara's beauty, right?

The Friday's said...

What a beautiful baby-those cheeks. I just want to kiss them.Congrats again. Thanks Mema for the update.

Angela and Mike said...

Aw, she is just so dear. I hope the baby is eating well and Kara is recovering. That labor is hard work! Thanks for coming out of retirement.

Momma Nielson said...

LOVE the little gassy smile in the last picture. She is adorable!

Diana said...

I am so glad you guys are home and settling in! Love the picture of the toes however Ella totally ruined the picture of the two of them, it was so much cuter with her looking, come on little one! Anyway, I hope you're recovering well Kara, and that everything is going good! I can't to see her again, she really is a beautiful baby...and I don't always say that so I mean it!

Stephanie said...

She's sooooo cute! Seriously, really really cute.

Kinzie Sue said...

Dearest Gracie Kate,
I know we haven't met yet, but after seeing the picture of your toes, I think we're a match made in heaven. My toes do the same big gap thing but our cute faces make up for some crazy toes... I think we should meet. My mommy says to say hi to your mommy!
Love,
Brenner

Julie Markham said...

Well, Blog Doula, you are doing a great job. The baby is beautiful!

Rachel said...

Wow that last picture of Gracie is adorable! And to Kara's mom, I don't even know you, but I love Kara and I sure love your posts!

Kid's Kitchen said...

WOW! She is GORGEOUS! I don't think I have ever seen a more beautiful infant:) Just like her mommy...and maybe a little like daddy;) We love you guys and hope that you are adjusting well. Can't wait to meet her!!!

Kyle and Melanie said...

I know what she is going through with the toes... (I have rather large feet - and sometimes it is traumatic...) But, if that is the biggest complaint about your baby, I think she is doing pretty well! I am so glad Mom and Baby are healthy and well! You are so blessed! Congrats again! She is beautiful.

Her first outfit was very cute, by the way.

The Coons Family said...

She us the cutest little pumpkin! I'm glad our kids have an arranged marriage because she is adorable! Hehe... I love the updates, keep them coming!

Holli said...

Congrats Kara...she is beautiful :)

Tiffany said...

Look at those cute little rosy cheeks! That girl doesn't even need any blush! And that hair! She has so much! She is just such a cutie! I am so happy for you Kara! Soak in every moment, because it really goes by so fast! And I know I am only a mom of a 5 month old... but those 5 months went by SO FAST! Love you!