Wednesday, September 23, 2009

The Best Gift Ever

I don't agree with most people that the Bay Area has fantastic weather. There are days that are unbelievably hot and kind of unbearable, especially if you don't have air conditioning. Yes, i have complained about this quite a bit. Recently things got really hot. On friday i was feeling really sick and dehydrated. Then on monday there was a heat advisory for the area that said that if you were elderly or had small children (aka Gracie) then you needed to be in a location with air conditioning. We had to plan our day around being out of the house, with a 2 1/2 week old baby. I was losing it.

Yesterday afternoon i got a call from my dad. We chatted for a little bit and then he turned into a miracle man and offered the best gift ever. He told me to go get an air conditioner on his tab. I cried. My parents are amazing, really, you should be jealous.

Last night Aaron went out and got the air conditioner and it is now set up in our apartment.
I'm in love. Our apartment finally feels normal! The best part is that i don't need to plan my day around being out of the house because the heat is bad for the baby or cooking dinner really late to avoid the heat of the oven making things worse. Today my mother in law, Gracie, and i spent all afternoon in the air conditioning. Gracie might have gotten too close to the breeze...
Dad and Mom, i really can't thank you enough. You are so nice to help us out and we will definitely make it up to you in the future! You have saved the sanity of our little family.

8 comments:

Ashby said...

That picture of you hugging the a/c unit had me laughing. And can I please just reach through that computer and love on Gracie? Darn she is cute. Oh and the las time Emma saw a picture of Gracie with that ga-goo she proclaimed...."That's like my ga-goo!". Don't be surprised if G's ga-goos go missing when we see you in a few weeks. You'll know who the culprit is.

Lindsey said...

I'm sure you were having no luck in the sweat stain department...hope the ac helps!

too bad i was out of town you could have spent the day at our house with the ac a-crankin!

Kinzie Sue said...

Oh, I'm so glad that your amazing parents bought that for you. It would be so hard to have to juggle a newborn, all the feedings, and all the stuff you have to bring with you all around town. Now you can be like me and lounge in your pjs in your air conditioned home... nice and comfy!! Enjoy!

Diana said...

YAY! I am totally with you on the "good weather in the bay area"...what??? I guess since we don't have arizona summers and utah winters we have fantastic weather...it's a guess. I truly am so glad you have a/c and at least you didn't have to move apartments to get it (like we did)!

McKenzie said...

Kara! That is such a nice gift. I was worried about you two when I read your facebook status the other day! I hope things are going well! Keep us posted on your darling little girl! I can't wait for ours!

Mema of 5 said...

You are so welcome, I just wish we had done this when I was still there! I do need to take issue with your statement that your oven, when on, adds heat to your apartment. Your oven has less cooking ability than an Easy Bake Oven and I'm pretty sure the Easy Bake Ovens are powered by a light bulb. Maybe your oven is too, check it out, perhaps the bulb needs to be replaced:)

Anonymous said...

Yaaaaaaaay!

Jamie said...

yay for you guys! what awesome parents you have!