Friday, September 18, 2009

The Past Week

I apologize for the sudden lack in posting. My life feels very much like the movie Groundhogs Day. I wake up and feel like i'm doing the exact same thing that i did yesterday (which is actually the case) and i'm completely unaware of what day of the week it is. Although we do the same thing all the time, we have found ways to entertain ourselves in the meantime.

Some of Aaron's family visited last weekend and i was able to get a semi-complete Barnard family photo. Check out Gracie's sweet "weed-whacker" handsGrace is our main source of entertainment. Pretty much everything she does we think is "cool, funny, and adorable" all at the same time. Maybe this is due to the fact that we're delirious with sleep deprivation. Either way, its still enjoyable. She has learned some new tricks recently like:

Sucking her thumb. Or really just having her thumb land in her mouth, much to her enjoyment, and sucking on it until she pulls it out again.
And holding her head up. Any time you put her on your shoulder (and she is awake) she moves her head all over the place. We're impressed, and think you should be too. :) Sometimes we do things that we think are funny, even though they probably aren't. But honestly, this picture cracks me up.This was our most recent attempt at a family photo, and it was unsuccessful. We'll try again next week.I really can't get enough of these two. Also notice that our child is wearing nothing but a diaper. It is so hot in this blasted place that just a diaper is a common occurrence. Lastly in the events of this week Gracie had her 2 week check up. We learned that she weighed 6lbs 12 oz when we were discharged from the hospital and at our appointment she weighed 7ibs 14oz. 1 pound in a week, nice! We're hoping for some pretty awesome baby rolls in the near future. Here is a picture of G-money taking her first bath, and showing off her more filled out frame.The weirdest part about her doctors appointment was the fact that the nurse called out Grace's name. We had a kid, we named her Grace, and now she is having her own doctors appointments. This is going to take some getting used to.

6 comments:

Mema of 5 said...

Well placed washcloth!

Diana said...

I feel like I have a comment for each little blurb. I will spare you though and only leave one comment...I remember when we had Ella's first appointment and they called out her name and I didn't respond. I guess I was just expecting to hear my name. It felt so wierd because it was like she was all grown up and people knew who she was, I loved it!

Angela and Mike said...

Yes, I totally remember the whole "Colton....Colton?" thing. I was like "whaaaat?". "Are you Colton's mom" they asked me. Weird.

I love her little pose in the bath shot. Very sassy. She is so cute! And yes, everything that our babies do IS darling, funny, and brilliant!

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

I love the picture of her sucking her thumb. And it looks like she's ready for a big girl bed! Fills it right up.

Kinzie Sue said...

I think the picture of her in the big bad is hilarious too. Man, if only Miss Gracie were here, Brenner and her could play... I mean bob heads and suck thumbs together. She's so cute!!

Jamie said...

you will never stop thinking that everything she does is 'cool, funny, or adorable'!