Wednesday, September 9, 2009

One More Thing

Some people have asked me if i think the reason i was having weird contractions (thus leading the the heart rate dipping and the possibility of a c-section) was due to being induced, and i tend to answer "I don't know." I've never been in labor before so i don't know any different. However, if i could go back i would definitely do it again. After the baby was born, the doctor delivered the placenta and was really surprised at how calcified it was. He turned to my mom and said "Its a really good thing she was born today, and that we didn't wait." So even though things were a little stressed at times, i'm so grateful for the option i had to get induced. Would i get induced again in the future? Definitely. Although going on my own would be ideal, getting induced brought my baby here safely.

4 comments:

Lauren F. said...

The almost exact same thing happened to me (weird contractions, dropping heart rate) and I went into labor on my own-- although I was on pitocin to speed things along. Your baby is beautiful and healthy and that is all that matters!

Devrie Pettit said...

I will back you up! I was induced with Braylon and I had a 12 hour labor. Everything turned out perfectly in the end. You can have complications with anything, its not because you were induced.

Melissa and Bryan said...

So glad that everything worked out well! She is a beautiful little girl! By the way I have your shower gift I still need to give to you. I'll have to drop it by sometime if that's okay.

Diana said...

I don't think it was related...but what do I know. I never had marathon contractions but Ella's heart rate dropped off and on throughout. The nurses didn't seem to make a big deal out of it...like it happens all the time...and I was on oxygen the majority of labor, I think you guys made the right choice! Keep the pictures coming! Or maybe I should just come see her again!