Thursday, September 3, 2009

One Last Post

I thought I would make one more post before handing the blog back to Kara. I tried to change the "baby ticker" on the home page, but I haven't a clue as to how to do it so obviously it is time for the professionals to take over. But, first I wanted to post the most recent pictures of Grace taken last night--

Texting with Dad.

Sunbathing under the warming lights.

Bonding with Mema.

Anticipating her first bath.

Getting her hair washed. She loved it. In fact she didn't cry a bit during any of the bath.

All sweet and clean.

Gracie Kate

Just wanted to let everyone know that blogging for Kara and Aaron has been really fun. Thanks for all your comments. I felt so connected to so many people, most of whom I didn't even know. One last thing before I go, yesterday between Posts ****Editor's Note**** and Update, I left out a huge portion of information. The nurses were so concerned about the drop in Gracie's heart rate and no progress in Kara's labor that they had scheduled the operating room for an emergency C-section. They were just waiting for the doctor to arrive and give the go ahead. At that point, we sent out an SOS to our immediate families asking for their prayers and Aaron gave Kara a blessing. I will let Kara tell you what happened when the doctor arrived about five minutes later. What an experience.

Kara says that I should hire out as a blog doula. Not a bad idea and since I have no other grandchildren on the way I am available (or am I, Ashby?).

15 comments:

Jessica said...

Congratulations Kara!! I'm so excited for you. Being a mom is the best thing in the whole world. Gracie is so cute. Enjoy every single moment!!

Kinzie Sue said...

once again, more beautiful pictures of Gracie (love her name by the way!) i got chills when reading about the change from a scheduled c-section to a v-birth. so glad it all worked out. i bet you are all already in love with that beautiful precious girl!

The Coons Family said...

She is so adorable! I wish we lived closer so I could make you some dinners and stop by to hold that precious girl! I cannot say congrats enough!

Unknown said...

Mema Stringham,
Its been a long time, but we would love to have you be our blog doula! You did great and my mom (Nancy Eley) and I followed Kara's progression the whole way through!
So now tell us, is there something Ashby is hiding from us???

Ashby said...

Oh geez! Now there's rumors spreading and its not even my blog. LOL! Yeah, sorry for the big big BIG disappointment, but there are no announcements of any cousins for Gracie.

Julie Markham said...

Blog Doula. Or, you could start your own. :-)

McKenzie said...

Yeah baby! I am so relieved that mother and daughter are doing well. I'm glad that everything went well, and can't wait to read upcoming posts!

Gooch Family said...

Congrats!! I'm so glad everything turned out ok and you didn't have to do a c-section. Her name is so cute too, love it!

Angela and Mike said...

You did a great job filling us in on the blog...thank you! This is Angela Farrell, in case you didn't know :)We hope the new family gets to come home soon.

The Coons Family said...

I think you deserve a toll house chocolate chip ice cream sandwich right about now..... don't you agree?

The Friday's said...

Kara & Aaron, Congrats from Trey's Mom in Tn. Gracie is absolutely beautiful. I expect that she & Brooklyn will be great friends. Would love your address ;so that I can send a gift. Text it to Trey if he doesn't have it.Love, Judy Friday

Jamie Smith said...

Awesome updates! I'm glad you made it. 12 hours??? You are a trooper. And I will hire your mom for mine in 2 months. Is she available?? :)

Jill said...

She is BEAUTIFUL. So happy for all of you.

Devrie Pettit said...

Congrats you three! We are so happy for you. Believe it or not, I just read all of your mom's posts. We had very similar labors. Braylon was induced at 9 am and we had him at 9 pm. What a long day!! You have such a cute family.

Paige said...

You are all beautiful in these photos. Keep them coming. Love you guys. -Trey