Sunday, September 13, 2009

Sad Day

My mom left yesterday. It was a very sad day. The combination of sleep deprivation and hormone overload did not make for an easy goodbye. It was so nice to have her here. She made the transition from pregnant to parent very easy for me and did everything around the house so that i could concentrate on recovering. She was also the best blog doula ever end made sure my blog was not neglected. Mom thank you so much for everything!! You are the best and Gracie is lucky to have you as her Mema!

4 comments:

Angela and Mike said...

It is such a sad day when the mom leaves. I remember crying and thinking "how in the WORLD am I supposed to do all this on my own?"

Here's to many more visits from grandma!

Unknown said...

Kara! I was randomly thinking about you this morning, when I realized that you'd probably had your baby by now. So I blog stalked you through Miriam, and sure enough, Gracie Kate has made her arrival! Congratulations! She is beautiful! And you look amazing!
I loved reading the labor story (yours and your blog doula's) and laughed when you mentioned that you were watching Cash Cab. That's what we were watching too all through my induced (and numbed, a.k.a. boring) labor with Peter. Your Mom is a rockstar! It is really hard when all the help leaves and you're on your own. I just remember feeling totally hammered tired and helpless...like I couldn't go anywhere by myself or accomplish anything. I hope you have lots of new mommy friends around to commisterate with. I think that's what got me through it. Good luck!

Jamie said...

i remember being SO sad when my mom left. i think it's a totally normal feeling. just keep telling yourself that you can do it!!!

Ashby said...

I remember standing on our front porch, holding Brooklyn, soaked in breastmilk, and bawling my eyes out as Ryan drove mom and Stacey away to the airport. I probably looked like a pathetic mess, but it was so hard to say goodbye! We can't wait to see you guys in VA in a few weeks!!!