Friday, August 5, 2011

Where I've Been

Shortly after the hair-cutting incident my parents came in town. They came for a variety of reasons.
One of which was my nephew's 5th birthday. Happy Birthday Taylor, T-Man, Tay Tay.
Aaron and I had the brilliant idea to surprise Taylor with a phone call from Luke Skywalker (a current favorite of his). We changed Aaron's picture and name in Stacey's phone and gave him a call. "Luke's" voice was a little too soft through the phone and a little too loud from a distance. We thought for sure Taylor would pick up on it. "Luke" left a gift on the front porch (the helmet) and despite Taylor not hearing a word Luke said, his screams and excitement more than made up for it. I don't know who had more fun with it, me or him.
The second reason family came in town was for my niece Carly's baptism. It was a wonderful day. I can't believe that I have an eight-year-old niece.
Carly was so excited and beamed in all her pictures. I was so glad that I got to be a part of her special day.
Grace was also excited and desperately wanted to be a part of the Foust family, resulting in her photo-bombing their family pictures, not once...
But twice.
Thankfully the baptism gave us an excuse to catch up with old friends
and eat BBQ with the extended family.
After a brief period at home where all the dentists/dental students in the family used their DDS degrees to build Hogwarts out of Legos
And where Grace got to spend quality time with Matt, who she lovingly calls "Map"
We headed out on the boat. Oh the boat.


The 107 degree temperatures made for nice warm water to jump into (and wipeout in) while wakeboarding.
After Stacey showed the lake who was boss, I took my turn. Proof that I can actually get up on a wakeboard despite my overuse of T-Rex arms while holding onto the rope.

And just when I thought I had Mad skills, my brother-in-law went. One piece of humble pie... served cold.

My family left Sunday night, and at 5am on Monday morning I found myself at the airport picking up my old college roommate and her son. Good Morning Lucas. (photos courtesy of Jillian Coons)
Our pictures were lacking during her visit. If we had taken out our cameras to document what was happening you would have seen 4,000 pictures of us talking, laughing, eating at chick-fil-a, sitting in our jammies, and complaining about the heat.
The crazy heat, which ranged from 102 degrees to 114 degrees, forced us to stay inside. Lucas and Grace were more than happy to run around, giggle at each other, and share/fight over Lucas' big yellow ball. Jillian and I were more than happy to talk for hours on end.
I was vacuuming when Jillian came out of the bathroom and said, "I just took a whole bunch of pictures that we can use to blackmail our children." I smiled, because it is very obvious why we are friends. Sorry kids. This picture will make a comeback in 16 years.
The last day that Jillian was here we actually got up, got ready, and headed downtown to go shopping. Not before we got completely and totally lost first, because that is how we roll. We attempted a few pictures of just us which came out a wee bit unsuccessful.

Then with the camera on timer, we finally got a picture of all of us together.
Last night I reluctantly drove Jillian and Lucas back to the airport to send them home, and shed a tear this morning when my apartment felt so empty. 

It was a great week full of family and friends and despite the fact that I woke up this morning with a crazy crazy cold, I am one happy and satisfied girl. My love and life canteens are totally full, no cold can diminish those.

Now, where is my dayquil?

7 comments:

McKenzie said...

SOOO cute. So fun that you and Jillian got together!

Allison Barker said...

Looks so fun! I need to make a trip out to Texas!

Bill said...

I can still taste those Spring Creek ribs and brisket. And those hot rolls.....MMMMM the rolls.

Jana said...

Just so you know, I stalk your blog. Gracie is darling. I love her name. Sorry if I steal it someday :) Also, Joe and I have started watching Rookie Blue (have yous seen it?) and you look just like Andy. Who is gorgeous. So it's a good thing :)

Hannah said...

So you guys calling your nephew pretending to be Luke and leaving a gift on the door from him is possibly one of the coolest things I've ever heard of. Virtual tip of the hat to you on that genius move. The pics of you with your family look like you guys always have the best time together. Love it! And you, my friend, are gorgeous in every picture I see of you. I'm glad you had a fun visit from your friend!

Rachel said...

Ah crap, sorry that post from Hannah is actually from me - my sister was signed in on my comp! That or I can just let you think you have a blog stalker who is creepily telling you that you are gorgeous, which is always fun.

CarrieM said...

Lillian calls him Map too. (With our encouragement)