Sunday, August 28, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ball Game

While the East Coast was hunkering down for a Hurricane: emptying grocery shelves, boarding up windows, and charging flashlight batteries, Aaron and I went to a baseball game.
We walked to our seats and got a pretty legit view of the new Dallas Cowboys Stadium. It was a sight to behold
I have been to a few baseball stadiums in my time, which is odd considering the fact that I don't actually like watching baseball, but I was taken back by how beautiful and green the field was. The grass around our apartment is dying a slow and patchy death due to the heat, and seeing a lush well-groomed stretch of grass brought a tear to my eye.
As we settled into our seats we had a nice view.
The Rangers played well
We were with good company.
Texas pride was out and about and going strong
We were brought to our feet by a grand slam.
And we yelled "Texas!" at all the right times.
The heat was absolutely miserable, but the night itself was a lot of fun.

With a Rangers game under our belts, we're now looking to check Cowboys game, and Mavericks game off of our list. Our Texas citizenship is starting to solidify.

2 comments:

Graham Anderson said...

Aaron Dorel Barnard is an absolute dreamboat. I can hardly stand it.

Angela and Mike said...

Oh my goodness! It's all sorts of VA reunion fun!