Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Prayers to be Prayed

My mind has been so preoccupied as of late. I find myself feeling anxious, checking my computer, and falling to my knees to say a quick and earnest prayer at random times during the day. A friend, I met through the blogosphere,  and her family are sitting in a hospital room watching their just turned seven month old cling to life. Ruby Jane's liver is failing. She is in desperate need of a transplant. During a time in her life where she should be learning to sit up, and scoot, and babble, Ruby is fighting for her life.
(Photos taken from their family blog and are property of the Taylor family)
I am asking for a favor, and by asking I mean begging and pleading, for you to say a prayer for this sweet little girl. Pray that her body will be stable enough to receive a transplant, pray for her to continue to fight, pray to lift up her family. There is something so incredibly powerful about prayer and I wouldn't feel right with myself if I didn't reach out to the incredible people I know and ask them to pray.
Thank you for listening, and thank you even more so for praying. If you would like more information on Ruby Jane and her status, follow this link.

4 comments:

Julie Markham said...

I will pray for Ruby, but please don't feel guilty when you hug Grace.

Shannon said...

Kara,

I'm on this. And Ani's sister is in my ward. Her name is Sarah, and she's an absolute gem. I'll definitely be keeping this sweet little girl in my prayers.

Unknown said...

That is so sad! We will keep her in our prayers. What a terrible thing for such a tiny person to have to suffer.

Rachel N said...

Devastating to say the least. My prayers will be focused on Ruby and her family.