Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Telephonular Device

When I got my current cell phone I had two requests. #1. I wanted it to have a full keyboard for texting. #2. I wanted it to have a camera. There are moments that occur where the big bulky camera is out of reach and a cell phone camera is key. G-Money and I also like to take pictures and send them to Aaron to show what he's missing out on with all that working he is doing. Every so often I download these pictures onto my computer, here is the recent rush of photos.

Grace is a shoe girl. Through and through. We have to keep our closet door closed or she with ransack the shoes and they will be strewn about the apartment. She has great taste and prefers to wear heals regardless of her attire. I think she is better at walking in them than I am. Jammies go with red heals, right?
Grace always sits in Aaron's chair when watching a show. I honestly don't think I've ever seen her get up onto the couch. On this particular day she added her own toddler flair. Recliner plus bumbo equals pure comfort. And yes, at 23 months she can still fit into that thing.
I purchased some pork at Walmart that ended up being rancid. I took it back to the store for a refund and was told that with food I could only make an exchange. Not needing anything in particular, I browsed the store and came back with all the ingredients to make chocolate chip cookies. As the cashier was ringing me up she informed me that I was a $1.50 short of my exchange amount, and that I should "grab a pack of gum or something." I headed to one of the aisles and browsed my options. I settled on a Twix bar, but the regular sized ones were only 75 cents, still leaving me 75 cents shy of my goal. I was totally forced to go with a king size, my life is so tough sometimes. Grace and I headed out with our overly sugary and caloric loot. Texas is still in the throes of an intense heat wave and that twix bar started melting the second we stepped outside. By the time we got in the car I knew that thing was a goner. In a moment of sheer panic we had to save the twix bar so we inhaled it as fast as humanly possible. I'm telling you, life is tough for us.
Our maiden voyage for Operation Wear Grace Out. Grace looks thrilled, doesn't she?
 Texting Aaron at work.
I am a recent convert to pinterest. My first time on, I wasted spent hours browsing through pictures and links that blew my mind. I am not a super crafty person but pinterest had so many good ideas out there that I couldn't pass them up. I was looking for something ABC related for a blank wall in Grace's room. I found a pin and a link and realized that this blogger was offering free printables. A few days and lots of printer ink later, an ABC craft for cheap. Love it.
Saturday date night at the Dallas temple. Perfect. And can I mention that nothing is finer than your husband in a white shirt and tie?
 Reading about Samuel the Lamanite.
A few months ago I went shopping at Walmart. When I grabbed my diaper bag out of the cart to pay for my groceries I heard my keys drop to the floor. After paying for the groceries, about 4 Walmart workers and I spent half an hour searching for the keys. We were on our knees, we used brooms, and I walked all  the surrounding aisles. The next day I made copies of all the lost keys. I went to customer service every Monday about 5 or 6 times asking for the keys. I basically gave up hope on the whole endeavor. Monday on a whim I decided to check again. There they were, right on the top. It was a Monday miracle!
 Today Grace and I played in the "backyard," aka the stairwell to our apartment.

5 comments:

Diana said...

I love the little snippets of your life and LOVE the abc art, that looks awesome and you're totally crafty! And Gracie in those heels kills me, she is adorable.

Shannon said...

oh my goodness, those red ruby heels are HAWT! Kara, Kara, Kara...NEVER buy MEAT at Wal-Mart. Ugh. I'm queasy just thinking about rancid pork. Bleh. I LOVE Grace's alphabet wall hanging--so cute and clever! That back yard is scores better than ours (which is NO back yard). And I love the pic of you and Graci. King Sized Twix= Rough Life squared. I, too, loved all of these snippets of your real life.

Mema of 5 said...

Okay, I need clarification. Your keys were "right on top" of what???????????????????

Angela and Mike said...

WAIT where is the link to that abc art? I need it! Send it to me...or else! :) angeladrose @ gmail . com

Amanda Lund said...

Have you tried Sprouts? They are on the edge of town and have fresher produce and meat. Or, if you're willing to drive farther, Central Market has the best (albiet expensive) produce and meat around! Plus CM has an excellent cafe, playground, and cooking school.