Monday, August 8, 2011

It Seems Wrong

There is something totally wrong with catching a cold in August, don't you think? Colds remind me of scarves and sipping warm hot cocoa while surrounded by a mountain of tissues, not 100+ degree weather and fans on full blast blowing your tissues everywhere. But, alas, that is where we are. We are sick. Me and Grace to be specific. Our "Get Well" goods are strewn about the countertop, and our jammies are in full force.
While I'd like to report that we have made the most of our ill time, that isn't actually the case. Not unless you count seeing Shrek 2, Enchanted, and The Emperor's New Groove multiple times, as making the most of things.
With Aaron holding down the fort this morning I crashed from 10:30am to 3:30pm. It really was lovely, despite the fact that its almost 1am and I am still awake. Darn it all. But in the grand scheme of feeling better, 5 hour naps have magical qualities, I swear.

Tomorrow I resolve to will this cold away with sheer inner power, or I will take some DayQuil, pop in Shrek 2, and snuggle with Grace. Both are good options.

As for now, at 1am, I should probably go to sleep. Goodnight.

3 comments:

Kinzie Sue said...

:( Hope you get feeling better. Miserable weather and feeling miserable at the same time really isn't fair!

The Coons Family said...

I am willing this cold away too. The laundry is a mile high and I really should go to the grocery store. But it is 7:40 am and Lucas and I are still in jammies. We'll see who wins.

Sorry you are sick... Darn germs.

Ashby said...

I'm so sorry! I caught a cold two weeks ago and when I found no medicine I made a homemade netty pot with a water bottle and salt water and flushed the cold out. 24 hours later cold was gone. Worked like a charm!