Wednesday, July 13, 2011

The Ocean is my Only Medication

Do you look forward to the Beach Trip Recap Post as much as I look forward to the actual vacation? No? Well, you should.

We boarded our flight on Friday morning, with the appropriate reading materials.



 Then packed and piled into cars for the drive down.
I soaked up every tree, every blade of grass, and every speck of green along the way to fuel my inner Virginian who misses these trees so very much.
 We made the necessary pit stops along the way. Honey Cinnamon Almonds? I can't even begin to describe how delicious they were. Two cans were purchased both are now gone.
 We made it to our destination and the vacation officially began. Grace is a huge fan of Uncle RyRy.
 Our view was obstructed by new beach house decor.
 We chatted
 I played around with my camera
 We frolicked in the sand before family pictures.
 We got rained out during family pictures
 We saw the most incredible rainbow
 And I finally got a picture of a sunset (take that Day 12)
 Ashby getting her crazy rainbow picture
 We lounged by the pool
 We read our little hearts out
 Kindles in full force
 The babies were happy and contained. I love my Lily.
 Beach umbrellas were rocked
 Good times were had
 Poppy was given a rapper name: P. Pops Anonymous, 
 Coozies (no I don't really know how to spell that) were purchased and loved
 Cousins were reunited
 And requested a funny face picture
 Lulu modeled
 Sand made its way everywhere
 We splashed in the pool
and walked through the sand
 And before we knew it, the week was over and we were driving north again.
Mr. Nutter was also there. Sister friend has a serious Mr. Nutter addiction.
 After a short nights rest we found ourselves at the airport
 With a ridiculous amount of carry on luggage
 and traveling essentials
 And we flew, on the wings of love, back to the lonestar state.

My mind on a permanent vacation
The ocean is my only medication
Wishing my condition ain't ever gonna go away
--Zac Brown Band "Knee Deep"

6 comments:

The Harrisons said...

I look forward to your recaps because that means ours is just around the corner!!

Jamie said...

LOVED all the pictures! (and the captions just as much!)

Erin Collins said...

I love all these pictures! We are going to the beach in August and I always look forward to our beach trips each year as well! Do you go to North Carolina beaches? We always go to Topsail Island.

Rachel said...

Kara, I don't know if you remember me- I think we met at EFY years and years ago. But I saw your blog updates on facebook and loved all of your pictures the past few weeks. Were you at Sandbridge Beach? We were there all last week. It was fun to look at your pictures and wish I was back on the beach :) Hope you're doing well.

The Chappells said...

those pictures are genius!! They are what I expect to find if I google things like airplane ride and beach! I would never think to take images like that, but they capture your story so well. Loved it!!

Bill said...

Thanks for recording such beautiful memories! Love and kisses for you and my Gracie. Man hugs for Aaron.
Sincerely, P. Pops Anonymous