Saturday, July 23, 2011

It's a Date

As mentioned before, the heat is crazy hot sometimes. Although I strongly dislike sweating as if I ran a marathon despite only walking to my car, my bold declarations of holing myself up at home became weak. I got a raging case of cabin fever. There are only so many activities, and episodes of Diego, and "Pincess" movies that Grace and I can watch before both of our brains turn to mush. We wanted out no matter how hot.

So today we called Aaron and asked him out. "Hey stud, you wanna go out on a date with us?" We needed a night on the town and wanted our favorite man to take us there.

One bath, one shower, two dresses, and two hair styles later we were ready.


Since I pick our Friday-Night-Eat-Out location 100% of the time, I told Aaron it was his call, it being his date and all.

We cruised around and enjoyed the A/C

And were entertained by the comedic stylings of Grace herself.


And Aaron decided Mexican was the best way to go, after checking "Do you have a wait?" and them responding "Absolutely not." We were in.

It was interesting to be on a date at a place with dim lighting and cloth napkins that didn't have Chick-Fil-A written on them, all while Grace sitting next to us in a high chair. We talked in hushed tones and pretended like we totally get dressed every weekend and go out as a family to places that don't have drive-thrus. It was fun.

We got home, tucked the little one in bed, and chatted over frozen yogurt while reminiscing about when we first met and got to know each other. It was just what the doctor ordered.

Cabin fever? Cured.
Have a happy weekend.

2 comments:

Julie Markham said...

Love that new smile of Grace's!

jodiebthompson@gmail.com said...

That sounds like so much fun! I love Cantina Laredo! I totally feel you on the cabin fever! I can't wait until summer is over! I never thought that I would say that! Ha ha!