Thursday, July 14, 2011

Isn't It About Time?

It's been almost twelve months exactly since I've changed my blog header. I figured the blog was way overdue. In case you forgot what it looked like, here she is (minus the writing... I can't find the copy my sister sent me).

We stood there as residents of California. Our baby was 10 months old, bald in the front and very brown haired in the back.

Now we are residents of Texas. Our baby is no longer a baby, but is so close to two it brings tears to my eyes and her hair is blond and wavy.
Image and text courtesy of Ashby Hatch Photography

These past twelve months have been a whirlwind. Lots of change, and change of plans. We've hit bumps in the road, said goodbye to ones we've loved, and welcomed new members into the family. It's been good, and even though I sometimes don't want to admit it, the change has been good too. It has forced me to grow and stretch and get over my-bad-self. And standing in the same sand one year later was refreshing, because we're growing up, and making it work. So, folks, cheers to a great 12 months, bring on 12 more.

8 comments:

Ashby said...

I love it! Looks so great on your redesigned blog!

Rachel N said...

Love it!

Bill said...

The change in Grace is amazing. The little ones grow up so fast. Loved being at the seashore with you guys. Can't wait til next time.

Chris Herman said...

I love it! That year went by so fast!

Chris Herman said...

This is Erika. :)

Unknown said...

I will join in with all the positive feedback, I love it as well. Gracie's hair is so adorable. Oh it is just too cute!

The Wilson Family said...

love and miss you guys! i think of you every time I chug a diet dr p :) which really means i really really miss you everday ha!

Rachel said...

A.DOR.A.BLE. How are you so cool?