Friday, September 21, 2012

Birthday Blessing Weekend Extravaganza- Part 3

Sunday morning, bright and early, we all got up and ready for Christian's blessing day. Thankfully my parents got ready early and headed to our apartment to help get the kids ready. My Dad dressed Christian in the very same blessing outfit that Aaron wore when he was blessed. It was a beautiful light blue cotton collared onesie with matching shoes. I was so grateful that Aaron's Mom had kept it after all of those years and brought it to us when she came out to visit.

The whole day felt so special. Walking into church and seeing our family members taking up an entire row, and then some, was an incredible feeling. We were surrounded by love on all fronts. Even talking about it gets me all choked up. I was so grateful for all of the sacrifices that these people made to be there on that day. 

As the blessing began there was one very obvious flaw in the situation, the microphone was broken. No one could hear anything that was being said. However, the spirit in the room was so strong and I felt such a calm peace and comfort that it didn't even matter that I couldn't hear the specific words. By the end of the seemingly silent blessing I began to fight back the tears. I was so overwhelmed with love and gratitude. After the blessing was over and we were singing the proceeding hymn I couldn't stop myself, and the tears started to come. It was such a beautiful, spiritual moment for me and I couldn't help it. But I feared that people thought I was crying due to the lack of a functioning microphone, so I did my best to dry my eyes as quickly as possible.

All of the men who helped bless Christian took turns writing down the pieces of the blessing that they could remember, and my mother-in-law compiled all of their words into one document for me. It is an incredible keepsake that I hope Christian will cherish in the years to come

Before brunch we headed outside to take some pictures.

The men who helped to give Christian a name and a blessing: (L to R)
Cade, Aaron's Dad, Aaron, My Dad, Trey, Bishop Buhman, Scott
 All of us together
 The Barnards
 There was a serious amount of photobombing taking place during the Grandparent's pictures.

Papa and Grandee (Aaron's parents)
 Poppy and Mema (my parents)
 The Chrome Dome trio
 Aaron and Trey
 Trey Clark with Christian Clark
 Me and my boy
We finished the day with brunch, naps, and dinner at our place which resulted, somehow, in everyone sharing their most embarrassing moments (it was quite hilarious).

On Monday, unfortunately, we had to send everyone back to their respective homes.
 Let's just say, we weren't too happy about that

1 comment:

The Coons Family said...

Oh my. That last picture is darling. I want to kiss those cheeks!!!!!