Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Birthday Blessing Weekend Extravaganza- Part 1

Friday, August 31st, was airport pick-up day. It would be the start to the Birthday Blessing Weekend Extravaganza. An all out party of sorts. Despite having a history of failed airport pick-ups (remember this one?), I decided to attempt two airport pick-ups in one day. Aaron and I are very lucky kids and both sets of parents were able to come out for the blessing. We made DFW our home away from home that day.

My parents were the first to arrive that morning. Shockingly, my posse and I made it with time to spare and met my parents at the baggage claim.
 This was the first time that my Dad, aka Poppy, or P. Pops Anon, met Christian. They spent the morning bonding. Christian always made me work for smiles, but gave them away quite easily when Poppy was around.
While my parents headed to their hotel to check in, I packed up my posse and we headed back to the airport for round two. And, wouldn't you know, we made it on time then too. We even had the chance to go to the bathroom beforehand.

We waited by their baggage claim and a few minutes later Grandee and Papa arrived. Grace was in heaven. Two sets of Grandparents in one day, pure bliss. This was also the first time that Aaron's Dad, aka Papa, was meeting Christian, so some airport snuggles were in order. Unfortunately, due to a cell phone mix-up (and how ridiculously crowded the airport was) I wasn't able to get any pictures with Aaron's parents at the airport :(.

Once they were settled in their hotel we all went off for some dinner.

No comments: