Wednesday, September 12, 2012

Back to School, Back to School...

After an intense, 9am to 9pm week-long orientation, Aaron was prepped and ready for his first day of school. I wanted to get a picture of him by the front door with the kids so that I could compare it to his last day of school pictures. Christian will be two for heavens sake! Unfortunately Grace was still asleep, so it was just Christian in the picture.
People had informed us of what to expect with Aaron getting his MBA. I had heard things like, "It's crazy and super intense." But just like with marriage, and having kids, you have no idea what it is actually like until you're in those phases of life. So, I convinced myself that despite the warnings, business school would be cake compared to Aaron's job. Holy moly, was I wrong. He is on campus from 7am to 11:30pm during the week and normally goes back to campus on Saturday for study groups, or seminars, etc. There were a few days last week where Grace never saw Aaron, morning or night.

In response to this sudden change (and one I was warned would happen), we have fallen back into busy season mode where we text and send pictures all day.

Took the kiddos to the fountains. I'm loving the weather in the low 90s.
 All aboard the basket train. Poor Christian.
 Headed to the doctor with this chunky-monkey in tow.
 Apparently I should have put sunscreen on before I sat outside at the splash pad with Grace.
 Dinner time!
 This is a common sight. It's just how my posse rolls.
 Worst. Day. Ever.
 Grace is getting more brave with the fountains. She is actually standing on one!
 CCB is a gangsta.
 Always fear Grace being quiet whilst nursing the baby
 Grace was disappointed when I couldn't play "Candies" with her, but was excited when she realized she could just have Christian play with her.
Hopefully things will calm down, and if not, hopefully the days go by quickly. Until then, I am extremely grateful for my phone camera.

3 comments:

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Wow, that is a tough schedule! And what a great way to keep in touch throughout the day. Go Aaron for getting his MBA, and good luck to you with the kids in these longer days! Great pictures, and such cute kids.

Diana said...

That's terrible, I was thinking it would be less hours then work...especially busy season type. I hope it calms down sometime and that you get to see your husband again. I hate the times when the girls don't see Ryan all week cause he's gone too early/too late. It will all hopefully be worth it in the end, right?!?!

The Chappells said...

You are such a trooper! I have learned that hard things are so hard. But...when they are done you don't remember every painful detail, you just know it was hard and it is over! Hang in there. You are lucky to have two of the cutest companions ever!! And they are super lucky to have such a fun mom!!