Thursday, October 13, 2011

The Pumpkin Patch

Remember how I said that the skies were clear in Texas? Well, you can call me a liar. The very next day the clouds rolled in thick. But clouds can't put a damper on my October Festive Spirit and as a group we forged ahead with our pumpkin patch excursion. 

"Gracie, smile!" You really can't teach poses like this, they just come naturally.
Much better
While my friends, both of whom have two children, calmly kept their children in check, "Don't go too far sweetie, stay by Mommy," and their children listened and heeded their counsel, my child was taking off in an all out sprint down rows of pumpkins. All the while I am screaming, "GRRRAACCEE!!! DON'T GO TOO FARR," as I'm sprinting after her.
While my uncooperative child was running aimlessly, I snapped pictures of Sadie who patiently smiled while I clicked away.
Grace took a brief pause to pose for a picture with Bella.
And then she was off, yet again, to tackle every single attraction at warp speed. Mind you, the ladies I came with were methodically stopping and savoring every moment as their children played calmly
I hate to admit that on more than one occasion I found myself frantically saying "Oh my gosh! Where is Grace?!"
You know those frantic Moms that seem to have zero control of their child, yeah, that was me.
But she was having the time of her life, and that was the whole point of going. So I sucked it up and pretended like the chaos was all part of my master pumpkin patch plan.
And then we sat down, and I was so grateful because I was tired, so very tired.
But we had a good old time. And despite the wind, and the dust, and the exhaustion, we enjoyed ourselves.
And you better believe that we napped like champions. Olympic Gold Medal Napping Champions.

Next pumpkin patch excursion I'm taking Aaron so we can double team Grace.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

Wow! That first picture is just a real gem. I thought of you guys the other day when I saw the cute little picture of Grace on the walls at Marty's place. Yep, you better believe I'm visiting him again. Shh! Good for you, someone would have to pay ME to take my kids to the pumpkin patch this year.

The Coons Family said...

I love this. I feel like I'm alone chasing my crazy 2 year old around everywhere we go. I swear I say Lucas stay here, and he goes running in the opposite direction. :)

The Wilson Family said...

oh girl! anyday you feel like that again just think of kate & JJ Wilson--you'll have a good laugh and know you ROCK it as a mom! love ya and miss ya! Gracie you are gorgeous little girl. Hope Texas is treating you well. We are loving the E. coast but wishing you were able to visit!!!!

The Chappells said...

oh my gosh! I think Grace and Saylie are twins. seriously!! You read my mind and write my life. Perhaps we should meet between texas and michigan and let those two burn their energy of on each other. I have resorted to a monkey leash. I am such a hypocrite but I got it for the airport and it sorta helped. I did have a man tell me that "HE is not a dog" that was pretty awesome! She is soooo cute and just oozes with personality and I think that is just how kids should be so while we will be tired for MANY years to come, YOU HAVE A LITTLE GEM_ so enjoy her!

Jamie said...

you crack me up, girl! i am pretty sure i am the one who was frazzled the whole time with my two crazy kids! i guess i remember that day very differently than you do, haha!