Sunday, October 16, 2011

And Party We Did

On the first rainy day in October, my sister Stacey celebrated her birthday. So we partied.
After a hearty meal of Tikka Masala, Curry, Naan, and corndogs for the kiddos, we kicked back and relaxed.
Maybe the adults kicked back and relaxed while the youngins played.
Stacey skyped with our parents back in Virginia. Many a "Happy Birthday!" was shared.
And we lit the candles on Stacey's birthday pie. Seriously, you need to try Tootie's Chocolate Heavenly Pie. Beats the pants off of cake any day of the week,
She made a wish.
And she blew out the candles. You turned 25 again this year, right Stace? ;)
In celebration we ate too much, talked to much, and stayed up way too late. And the party did not end there.
While the men worked (or were in preschool), the ladies spent that money for a birthday/girls day pedicure party. If you squint really hard you can see Grace in the fourth seat.
Although a pedicure was offered to her, Sister friend, screamed "Ow, ow ow!!" anytime someone even looked at her toes. No pedicure for her.
The results were lovely.
Did you think it was over? That isn't how we roll 'round these parts. Lunch at Costa Vida also had to take place.
We talked on the way there, and through lunch, and on the way home and talked so much that we didn't realize that we were driving the wrong way. We got completely lost and with Taylor needing to be picked up from preschool and the clock ticking away, we participated in some covert ops that may or may not have involved some screeching turns and a few breakages of the speed limit (just a few). We rolled up smoking tires and all to the preschool and played it off like it ain't no thang. Because that, my friends, is how we roll.

And we sent Stacey's birthday out with a bang.

4 comments:

Shannon said...

looks like fun; love those piggies. happy birthday to Stacey! love your curly hair...so hawt.

Stacey said...

Thanks for making my birthday so awesome! I loved spending it with you! You are "zee" best. Love you.

Mema of 5 said...

Okay, so I LOVE how Taylor sheds clothes in the photos. And, I LOVE how Miss Grace seems to be gnawing on the table when the candles get blown out. And, I LOVE how Carly looks half drunk holding Grace in the one picture. AND, I love how weird I look in the skype picture. And, I love that you could help Stacey to celebrate. I wish I could have been there. Mostly for the Tootie pie:)

Unknown said...

I love reading your blog you crack me up kara!