Thursday, October 6, 2011

October is Glorious

I took my computer to the Mac Store yesterday to get everything sorted out. I learned that the display module is busted and they will have to replace the top half of my computer. So far I will have replaced the bottom piece, and top piece of my computer, and I' now keeping my fingers crossed that the middle piece stays intact.  I had to sign a waiver saying I was aware of the risk that everything could be wiped from my computer. Not awesome.

So Old Faithful is going strong, and I've wasted many an hour sifting through the stuff on it. I found this gem, circa summer 2005. Stacey, 2 year old Carly, and me eating CPK and sipping on retro looking DDP. I also have a serious chunk of something stuck in my teeth. So unfortunate. It's crazy to think that Grace is the same age as Carly in this picture.
My computer will be out of commission for about a week, so I figured I would set up shop on Old Faithful and go about my normal business.

I mentioned before that we enjoyed watching General Conference (click on it if you want to know more) on Saturday and Sunday. Grace did her own thing for the most part, or begged us to watch SpongeBob (sponge bot). At one point we realized that she had been quiet, a little too quiet. Aaron looked at me and said, "She's being really quiet." he then called out, "Gracie, what are you doing?" Grace responded, "I'm reading the scriptures about Jesus!!" Sure enough upon a sneaky inspection she was reading her scriptures. (Insert an Aaron to Kara high five here).
When Aaron's parents were in town, Grandee (Aaron's Mom) showed Grace how to look at pictures on her iPad. All of the pictures were of Grace at the time. Ever since then, Grace begs me to "Watch the babies," on my laptop. Which, in a rough translation, means that she wants to watch a slideshow of pictures of her as a baby. While we watched conference on one computer, Grace "watched the babies," on the other.
October is my favorite month of the year. I love the festiveness, the weather, the transition of the seasons. Soups, pumpkin patches, and the sun going down a little earlier. In Virginia it meant a wild array of colors as the leaves changed and fell. I love everything about October. The season changes are a little different here. October in Texas means gorgeous weather. Cool mornings and warm afternoons, cloudless skies and rainbow-esque sunsets.
After months of eyebrow-singeing heat, we finally look forward to being outside. I think all of the birds that flew elsewhere are now flying back to avoid colder temperatures. Grace was in heaven as a group of ducks waddled right up next to her. They then regretted the close proximity to her as she ran and chased them saying "Come here duckies. I'm a hold you!!!"
After mentioning the end of my running retirement, my feet now hit the pavement instead of the treadmill. There is something incredibly therapeutic about filling your lungs with fresh air.
 And having this awesome view is much better than watching I Love Lucy Reruns on mute in the complex gym.
Did I mention that my two favorite and only sisters were born in this incredible month? (Happy Birthday Ashby and Stacey) Yes, October is glorious and it is only just the beginning. Thank heavens this month has 31 days, I'm going to enjoy every single one of them.

2 comments:

Diana said...

Oh man, we're totally having computer issues over here too...so annoying. Hopefully yours (and ours) get sorted out soon! I love the picture of Gracie and Aaron how all you can see is Gracie's little pouf of hair coming up from the top of the computer. So cute! Ella likes to watch "Bee-os" (videos) on our computer all day to, I kinda love it though!

The Wilson Family said...

LOVED IT!!!!