Tuesday, October 2, 2012

The Three Boys

Since 2010 the grandkids on my side of the family have been 5 girls and 1 boy. Poor Taylor was heavily outnumbered and often found himself being roped into all of the girls favorite activities. He was such a good sport about it though. Carly and Brooklyn came before Taylor, and after him came Emma, Grace, and Lily.

That is until the summer of 2012.

Let me give you a little background. In October I found out that I was pregnant. The following Christmas I found out that my sister Ashby was also pregnant, due 5 weeks after me, and that my sister-in-law Ashley was pregnant as well, due 7 weeks after me. Three out of the four kids in my family were going to have new little ones, it was going to be the summer of babies.

We group-texted belly progress shots and shared pregnancy woes, and we even joked "In this family of girls what if we all had boys?"

And wouldn't you know, five months later, three sonograms revealed that the Summer of Babies would now be the Summer of Boys. Taylor was getting three new boy cousins.

July and August proved to be an incredible time as we welcomed Christian Clark, Blake Ryan, and William Timothy. My Mom was, in essence, a full-time professional traveling Grandma. She only had a few days of rest in-between her duties.
I really enjoyed being pregnant with my sister and sister-in-law and it will be fun to watch the boys grow up. Although they are only weeks apart, they all reside in different states. The first time these boys get together will be a fun and interesting experience. (L to R: Christian, Blake, Will)
We couldn't have planned it better if we tried. Next time a summer of girls?

3 comments:

Ryan said...

what handsome little guys. And, oh man, I am tired, because I had to re-read that last sentence. My mind mixed up the "next time" and replaced it with "next "summer" and I read it as: "next summer a summer of girls?" And I thought, you go, Kara! haha.
love and miss your guts.

Ryan said...

oh my goodness. this is shannon. i knew ryan was signed in...but didn't think about it. hello, I really am tired.

Allison Barker said...

These little boys are so cute! Are you guys coming back to VA for any of the holiday's this fall??