Tuesday, October 2, 2012

October 1st

I love the month of October. Next to Christmas, Halloween is my favorite holiday. It marks the beginning of holiday season and gets the festive bandwagon chugging along. It Texas October is a turning point, where the suffocating heat starts to become lovely and bearable and people are finally starting to live outside again.

Today we made sure to kick our October celebrations into high gear. Grace and I started our ABCs of Halloween. A is for Apple Cider. 
I dressed the kiddos in some festive shirts (unfortunately Grace was napping while the picture taking commenced).

For dinner it was soup or bust. Nothing says fall festiveness quite like a warm bowl of Minestrone soup, am I right?
Once the kids were in bed I finished decorating the mantel. (One day I will use my regular camera again....one day)
I can't wait for the temperatures to drop and the Halloween parties to begin. Hello fall, I hope you're here to stay.

2 comments:

Alicia said...

I feel you on using your regular camera. My iPhone is my new best friend...just too. dang. tired.

Marc and Miriam Deru said...

Cute mantel decor! Even cuter baby. Happy October! The soup looks awesome.