Monday, October 8, 2012

The Art of Fort Making

Aaron's first semester of Business school seems to be kicking our trash to the curb. So when he is home, and not studying, we soak him up like a sponge.
On Saturday night, when I was cleaning up, I heard quite a ruckus coming from Grace's room so I went to see what was going on. Her sound machine was turned on as loud as it could go on the "Wind sounds" setting. On the other side of the room a fort had been built between the two beds with blankets and Aaron and Grace were inside, giddy as can be, seeking shelter from the "storm." I couldn't help but laugh as Grace exclaimed, "Oh my gosh Dad! Get in, get in!! It's raining!"
They paused briefly during their adventure to let me snap a picture.
 And then promptly shut the blankets as Grace giggled and talked to Aaron all about her cave
Eventually I was told that my not being in the fort was putting me at risk, due to the storm, so I was urged to join in on the fun.

And it was just what we girls needed. An adventure with Dad, protecting us from the storm and laughing the whole way through it. Grace's first fort building experience sure was a good one.

3 comments:

Shannon said...

forts are the BEST. so are daddies. and mommas who take pictures of wonderful memories. man, i miss you guys!

Dyanna Stephens said...

so cute!

Jenni said...

Ah, so cute.