Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Houston....Again

The day after Aaron got back from his New York trip, we packed up my parents car and headed down to Houston. Aaron had tons to catch up with school, and I can never pass up a trip to Houston (it's basically my second home) so we tagged along for the adventure.
The drive down was awesome. Homeboy slept almost the entire time, waking briefly to eat.
Grace was completely self-entertained
We only stopped once for gas and snacks. Christian woke up then as well, basically to smile at me and melt me into a puddle with his cuteness.
We made it to Houston in record time, literally 2 hours faster than when I made the trip alone. We even made it in time for Sunday dinner at my sisters house. Christian hung with the boys watching football after dinner.
We've become quite good at all sleeping in the same room together.
The week was full of fun activities. Playing "faces" on Poppy's iPad
Hanging with Tay
 "Helping" Carly with her homework
 Skpying with cousin Will for the first time. (I find it so weird that Christian won't know a world without video chatting.)
Playing with Carly and Tay (or maybe just attacking them).
Sleeping with the big kids
 Fishing for Grandparents (I think she caught one!)
Partaking in glorious beverages
 Sending Dad pictures
Hanging with Aunt Liv and cousins Tarynn and Avery

 We love our Liv

Eating at our fave: Lupe Tortilla

Sleeping, or at least attempting to.
Loving on Taylor.
Driving with a questionable amount of people in a five-seater car.
 Enjoying awesome Texas BBQ


Snuggling with Cade
After all of our fun activities it was time to pack things up.
 We hung out together
 And then said our goodbyes.
We then hit the road again to head back to Dallas. Only in Texas would you pull up to a stop light and be next to a large piece of farming equipment.
The drive home wasn't nearly as flawless as the drive down. The kids were much crankier and less self entertaining. However, all things considered, they still did really well.

We finally made it home and Aaron had a few surprises waiting for us. And by us I mean me, because when I comes to cookies, I'm not very good at the whole sharing thing...

We loved our Houston trip. But, after two different trips and 10 long days, our little family was happy just to be back together again.

1 comment:

Now...A Family of Four said...

What a fun trip to Houston...I wanna go next time!! ;)