Saturday, April 2, 2011

The Weird Week Wrap-Up

Normal was not in the cards this week. So I figured I'd wrap up the week and tell you why. This time, however, I have pictures.

Before I launch into the list here are picture of The Mullet. Remember how I cut it off with kitchen shears? Here is the before picture. I have to give it to Grace, the girl knows how to grow a mullet. For heavens sake she was BORN with one. Maybe its just in her blood and I should just embrace her business up front, party in the back ways. 

And the After picture. Hopefully it grows fast so I can do piggies again.

1.) Tuesday night into Wednesday was a strange one. In that 24 hour period Grace pooped NINE times. Nine! It gave her wicked diaper rash. She went 3 times in the middle of the night and woke up screaming because it irritated the rash. I couldn't touch her with a wipe and the mere sight of one sent her into fits, so she was cleansed in the sink.
And then sent on her way to dry off in the al fresco fashion.
But thanks to Butt Paste the rash was gone just about as fast as it came. My exhaustion due to lack of sleep has yet to subside. Dang.

2.) Aside from going diaper-less Grace made a few fashion statements on Thursday. Off the shoulder is in, right?

3.) Last week, for whatever reason, I was thinking to myself that I didn't find Jake Gyllenhaal attractive in the slightest. However, on Thursday, in the shadow of the strangest week ever, Jake Gyllenhaal found a loophole: Prince of Persia. Heaven help me. If he looked like that all the time I'm not sure if I could contain myself. But sadly, he does not look like that all the time. And no, I don't really remember much else from the movie.
photo from forbesavenue.com
4.) And lastly, the silver bow to tie it all together, I ate goat on Friday.
If you know me and my weird issues with meat, then you know how strange that is. Aaron and I were eating at our favorite indian restaurant. We go there a lot. The manager offered a dish "on the house" and we weren't going to say no. It wasn't until halfway through his description of said dish that I realized he was saying GOAT meat. Thankfully it was a dish that was more couscous than meat. But I went for it anyway. Why not. This week needed to go out with a bang.

5 comments:

Stephanie said...

I was actually thinking about Jake Gyllenhaal's attractiveness this week too but I decided he was. I saw him on Jimmy Kimmel. I always thought he was like 40 but he's only 30! Now unless you're Kristen Smith, that's totally in our age group. I hope next week your week isn't strange in the least.

Tiffany said...

So funny! All of it. Poor gracie and her rash! that iss too crazy she pooped 9 times!

Mema of 5 said...

Posting the picture of the goat at the end of your post saying you ATE goat, reminded me of the Turtle Farm in the Cayman Islands. After seeing cute baby turtles EVERYWHERE during the tour, we ended at the snack bar where EVERYTHING was turtle-based. Turtle burgers, turtle soup, turtle fries. So wrong. And, don't get me started on our tour of Hell.

Kinzie Sue said...

Kiera was the same way with her hair, it seemed like the back always grew faster than the front. She still has shorter whispies up front, but eventually it all gets long enough to be even. Congrats on the goat eating- quite an accomplishment! Way to end the week with a bang!

Rachel♥ said...

I don't know how you handled the goat...I think I would have freaked out.