Saturday, April 16, 2011

A Family Affair

My parents are making their rounds before my brother's wedding and they made a quick stop in the Lone Star state. Their visit has been a short one, so we've done our best to make it a sweet one. Tappy's "Just tap it in, give it a tap tap tap-er-oo" Yogurt (can you name that movie?) was our first stop.  Self serve frozen yogurt is the best way to start a vacation.

 "Hey Mema, I found your nose."


 While the men slaved away at their jobs, my parents treated us and the kids to an afternoon movie. Rio, to be specific. It was Grace's first movie theater experience. She totally got the sit-watch-eat popcorn thing down. She got crazy at times and she ran into the men's bathroom, but we survived.

We did a mini-celebration for Mema's birthday which was a few days before they came on the trip.

She now has her very own Race Trac cup for her future Texas (and Race Trac) visits.
 We gifted my mom a Heavenly Chocolate Tootie Pie, from San Antonio. There are no pictures, I was too busy eating it. Let's just say that the name fits.

For her birthday dinner my mom wanted to head to Spring Creek BBQ. They bring you fresh out of the oven rolls. That's all she wanted.
 My Dad is recovering from rotator cuff surgery, you can't even tell (sling aside).


We're sad to send them to Arizona tomorrow, but I'm sure my sister Ashby and her family can't wait to have them.

3 comments:

Rachel said...

Dang, all the good eats you guys have all the time make me soooo hungry! I want a tootie pie! I love when parents come to visit. I'm glad you guys had fun!

The Harrisons said...

Happy Gilmore! Such a great movie!

And I have to correct you about Grace's first theater experience. Technically her first was New Moon, but I'm pretty sure she slept through most of it ;)

Unknown said...

Parent time is good time, especially when lots of good food is involved! Congrats to Matt next week! We got his invitation, and he looks so happy.
Oh, and those hail balls are insane. We got hail too a few days ago, but nothing close to that size! Yikes!