Friday, April 15, 2011

The Craziest

Grace woke up yesterday with the craziest bed head. I guess after the poop/diaper rash bandit strikes in the middle of the night, you nap pretty hard the next day.





Last night we got pounded by the craziest storm. I swear the thunder broke right over my apartment, it shook the walls hard. The rain and hail hit with such force that I could barely hear myself think. When Aaron called to make sure I was okay I had to shout my responses back to him. When I could hear him he told me the tornado sirens were going off at his office. Amazingly, Grace slept like a rock through it all. I ventured outside when things were calm and saw the craziest (and biggest) hail I've ever personally witnessed.
How cool is this hail ball?

Crazy.

7 comments:

Diana said...

What? That's hail? I thought it was slimy onions or giant spider eggs or something. That is crazy! We had some crazy wind here the other day and I was thinking about what I would do if a tornado started, it's scary to think about. Yay for grace sleeping through the whole thing!

Unknown said...

wow! that is crazy huge hail! wow! wow! I can't get over how huge that hail is! yikes!
Is Aaron still working late? How many more weeks does he have of late nights? (we only have one more week... probably more like 2..)

Julie Markham said...

Totally, totally cool. And I'd take hail over an earthquake or hurricane any day!

Mema of 5 said...

I agree with Diana, that hail looked like pearl onions, right down to the layers. We heard the rain but not the hail or the thunder. I'm glad a tornado didn't get you!

Angela and Mike said...

WHOA, that hail is CRAZY! I would love the science class that explains that and all the cool rings.

and I love the bed hair :)

DoubravaFam said...

Those hails are INSANE!!! And Grace's hair is so cute!

Shannon said...

First of all, I am loving all of your posts. Keep it up because it helps me feel like we still live close :). Second of all, holy hair, Gracinator! I love it--you should rock that look more often. Third of all, that hail looks a little bit like cinnamon rolls to me...maybe I'm hungry...maybe not.