Thursday, April 21, 2011

More Couches

Packing makes me insane. I've been finding interesting outlets to maintain semi-normal levels of sanity. I've watched some of the lamest Disney Channel movies the past few days. Princess Protection Program, not a winner. And what started as a serious search for a couch, has turned into, "what is the funniest couch I could find on Craigslist?"

While the hubs watched (and is currently still watching) the Mavs game, I perused Craigslist and found some serious gems that I think are share-worthy.

Without further ado....

Sometimes I wonder how special couches are to people that makes them think they are worth 10 times more than they really are? For example, 100 dollars is a reasonable price for a used couch that is less than 10 years old. But a used couch that is 25-35 years old, anything above $25 is pushing it. This gem, $100. 


Now if the above couch is $100, then the price of this couch and its loveseat counterpart HAS to be $600, right? You can't find African themed pillows from the 90s just anywhere.

This was one of my favorites. The title read, "Queen Bed and Couch combination." To the seller, that is spelled F-U-T-O-N, for further reference.

 This "custom made sofa" is priced at $500. I will be sure to pass the ad onto Santa Claus.

Okay, purchasing used sofas can give some people the heebie jeebies, especially when it comes to cloth couches. You just don't know where a sofa has been. This ad draws you in by saying that it is a Crate and Barrel couch, and when you're hooked they lay the truth on nice and thick. This couch was used as their DOGS' couch and resting area, and a deep clean would do the trick. I love dogs and this made me gag a little. Please, just throw it away.

And on a final note, people are still unable to move their crap to take a picture.

Please let me know if you're interested in any of the above couches. I'll be sure pass on your interest.

Serious inquiries only.

4 comments:

Alicia said...

Please don't stop the couch posts! I love it! Haha, what are these people thinking?!?!

Lauren Byers said...

this is so funny! yeah I don't know what people are thinking!
Sorry I missed it, where are you guys moving to? You'll still be in the ward right? :)

Lindsey Walker said...

Wow, these are real beauts. You are hilarious and make me laugh. Good luck with the move and let's get together soon.

Rachel said...

OH. WOW. I will never cease to be amazed at people. These people are all around us too. They are our neighbors. Creepy. This was the funniest thing I've seen all day! Good luck with the move :)