Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Random Thoughts

Random thoughts are the only things bouncing around in my head this week.

Weekend Mornings

The mornings are our "family time." During the weekdays it's the only time that Grace gets to see Aaron, so when the weekend rolls around, we are all about it. On the Saturdays that Aaron doesn't have to work we always head to Chick-Fil-A. Good food, play-place, and Diet Dr. Pepper on tap...perfection.


On Sundays we go for walks, lounge around, and make brunch. In fact we like 1:00pm church better than 9:00am church. We even like it better than 11:00am church. Feel free to gasp. I never thought I'd like it, but those beautiful, lazy, brunch filled mornings won me over. Not to mention how much Grace loves spending time with Aaron during that time.


 I love weekend mornings. Sunday is making its way up my list for favorite day.


Sticker Books

I really need to invest in a sticker book. Grace goes crazy when I buy new bananas because she likes the stickers on them.


 I'm sure my table would thank me for making such an investment.


Cardboard

It's back in my life. We're moving at the end of this week and the boxes are coming out. A lot of them we never unpacked, knowing that we wouldn't be staying in this apartment. Thankfully the packing process hasn't been stressful but the mere sight of the boxes and chaotic mess of my apartment makes me anxious.

Grace has loved playing in the stacks of boxes and pulling out new things to play with. In order to avoid accidents, and preserve my sanity, Grace has been watching Dora the Explorer. Bless NetFlix.

Craigslist

As we move into our new apartment, we decided to get rid of most of our "college" furniture. You know what I'm talking about, the mis-matched stuff that you accumulate but don't get rid of because "it still works and why waste the money." I love our couch, its unbelievable comfortable and in good shape, but I strongly dislike the fact that its plaid. BOLD and plaid. So we have been perusing furniture stores and checking items on Craigslist. I have literally searched through hundreds of ads and I'm still shocked that 75% of what people are selling is pure crap. I'm not sure why people are asking hundreds of dollars for couches like this:
 And this:
 And this. And I should mention that the seller bought this, and I quote, "A few years ago." Does he know that its 2011 and not 1993?
My favorites have to be the pictures taken with camera phones or without attempts to make the couch presentable for someone who wants to buy it. "Dude, your crap is all over the couch." "Well just wrap it up in a blanket and take the stupid picture!"
Classy.

10 comments:

Jack's Mama said...

The stickers, thats a new one! Yo Gabba Gabba is a pretty good mesmerizer too!

Angela and Mike said...

haha, I LOVE the craigslist pictures. We've been selling a ton of our stuff too since we will be moving to Ohio in the fall...and I always take the prettiest pictures and make everything look perfect. AND I almost always get my stuff sold for the price I want, so it works :) Good luck with the move. Where is it to? A house? A rental?

Bon-Bon said...

The "genealogy" of a used couch is very important. ICK! You know what I mean...Good luck with your move. Have fun making your new place homey and comfy. I'm sure it will be awesome!
Reagan is intrigued by a show called Caillou. Seen that one? I love Wonder Pets myself. HA!

Tiffany said...

So funny. Ryan and I just laugh and laugh at your posts! They make me smile.

Bridger Field said...

I love all the pictures and I really liked your couch expose. Love you guys and hope Aaron starts to see some relief from work soon, I'm starting to get out at 6ish! Take care.

Stephanie said...

Get that girl some stickers!

And forget Craigslist. Buy exactly what you want, you'll have it long enough, I'm sure!

Jennifer said...

your posts make my day. I have a little crush on Grace and I think her and Saylie may be cut from the same cloth. GOod luck with your move. we'll be there soon enough.

The Chappells said...

Jennifer- was me...sorry! I was going to tell you to try Bubble Guppies. It's a new NickJr show that Chris and I like as much as Saylie does. It is also on Hulu for free. Enjoy!

Unknown said...

I love seeing daddies with their babies. It melts my heart. Can I just say your blog is one of my favorite reads these days? It's fun catching up of course, but I always get a good laugh here too, so thank you!

Jamie said...

oh, chick-fil-a, a family favorite!

sadie's love for stickers began at about that age...and they can still keep her busy for hours!