Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Missing Marjorie

I was going through my pictures the other day when I came across a series of photos that made me laugh and also made my heart ache. At our wedding reception, right before Aaron and I left, we busted out some dance moves. I'm pretty sure that "Build Me Up Buttercup" was the very last song that played. I danced with my Grandmother.

 We had a fabulous time.
 In our wedding video you can see me telling her that I loved the outfit she was wearing.
 And feeling brave, I spun her around.
 She lost her balance and almost fell over.
 I felt terrible and quickly apologized.
 But it didn't even phase her.
The photographer will probably never know how grateful I am for this series of photos. He probably didn't know that 5 years later I would pour over them and let sweet memories of my Grandmother flood my mind. He probably had no idea that he was capturing how truly incredible she was.

On the anniversary of her passing, my heart hurts. The void is still there, that Grandmother shape in my heart is still missing. But the pictures of her speak volumes and I know she's watching out for me.

Marjorie Clark Merrell, you were amazing.

6 comments:

Julie Markham said...

Have you considered writing a biography of your grandmother? Generations will be so grateful!

Jamie said...

those pictures are priceless! you can really see the love between you two!

Ashley said...

This is so sweet, and such awesome pictures!!! My grandpa just died a week ago so I am feeling this post.

Unrelated, Tyler ran into Aaron at McAfee in Dallas today--small world!

Unknown said...

Those pictures are so cute of the two of you. That is so nice to have such beautiful pictures and a great memory with you grandma.
p.s. it is fun seeing Bridger in two of the pictures.. I just love that guy.

breadncheeseplease.com said...

I absolutely love this post.

Momma Nielson said...

That last picture is the best:) Another great post, Kara!