Tuesday, March 29, 2011

A Start to a Very Strange Week

I'm well aware that it is only Tuesday, but this has officially been the strangest week ever.

It got off on the wrong foot when I decided to cut off Grace's mullet using the only sharp cutting device I could locate, the kitchen shears. (Don't worry, her hair looks fine)

And the fact that the weather has been gorgeous and now its freezing and rainy.

Coupled with the fact that, I went to Chick-Fil-A twice on Monday.

This morning was a real treat when I woke and immediately got together plans for lunch group, set up a time for a friend to watch Grace, and made chicken salad for 10 people. I Packed Grace's "To Go" bag, and called the host of the lunch group to see what time I should come to set up. Only to realize mid-call that I was a week early and lunch group was NEXT Tuesday.

While I'm slapping my forehead and kicking myself for wasting so much food and being so forgetful, I got a call from Grace's doctor's office stating that I had missed her well baby appointment this morning and I needed to reschedule. Insert another forehead slap.

With all of the weirdness and forgetfulness, the cherry on top has to be "the situation" that happened right outside my window yesterday. Let me lay it out for you. Grace was napping and I was eating lunch. I can see out of my window and notice that there are all these cars showing up, about 5 or 6, and piling out of the cars are high school aged kids. They all showed up at the same time and were hovering around the same spot. I eagerly wanted to figure out what was going on, but I didn't want them to notice that I was watching. I snuck over to the window by the couch and barely opened the blinds when I saw two girls beating the crap out of each other while the rest of the kids circled around to watch. As the girls were going at it, one of my neighbors comes out to break up the fight. She sends the girls to opposite sides of the grassy knoll they were fighting on and I'm pretty sure I saw one of the girls say "Oh no, she didn't!"The management showed up and told the kids to leave, all while taking pictures of their license plates. The mere fact that these kids chose to come to our apartment complex to have a "B" fight (and I don't mean the letter, or the insect), just goes to show how ghetto sauce this place is and proves why we are moving.

Speaking of moving, and another reason this week is strange, there is a rumor that we are moving to Utah. For the record, that isn't true, we are just moving down the street, to a safe "No B Fight" zone.

I am seriously craving normalcy.

6 comments:

Diana said...

This cracks me up, I feel like I am losing my mind too. And there's a rumor you're moving to Utah? In my dreams you are!

Kinzie Sue said...

You can't move to Utah, not before we even get together! (yes, I did catch that you aren't really moving to Utah, what a random rumor to make up.) Oh, but I too am ready for this crazy weather to be done with so that we can get back to a fun routine, not stuck inside or eating fast food as an excuse for an outing.

Unknown said...

If there was a chick-fil-a near me, or even in my same state, I would totally be there twice in one day!

Jamie said...

does sound like your week has been interesting already, haha! this weather is annoying, huh?! makes me feel so blah! i have been to chick-fil-a twice in one day more than i am willing to admit : )

Kyle and Melanie said...

It sounds like you are living in my neighborhood. Did they light a fire in the front yard after the B Fight?!?!

Good job on the hair cut!

Shannon said...

Wo. That is crazy.town. Glad you're moving...minus the moving (oy boxes).