Wednesday, March 16, 2011

A Huge Thank You

I wanted to send out a thank you too all of you who voted. Seriously, who are you people? You are awesome. I felt so loved, and so proud that I knew so many incredible people. People who cared enough to take time out of their day to vote on a competition that had nothing to do with them. With every comment that I saw, I beamed with pride. I looked at every name of who voted and was so grateful. In the grand scheme of things I know it wasn't a huge competition but you all made me feel pretty freakin' special. Please know that if you ever need a vote for something, I'm your girl, you can count on me.

Team Kara did not come out victorious. Tricia from Colorado (with the husband in the military who is deployed) won. I'm convinced that its impossible to compete with a military wife, it doesn't seem right to want to beat her.

But you want to know something pretty cool? All of your votes, all of the efforts that you made, they didn't go unnoticed. Team Kara won second place. Very nice.

I'm thinking with our awesome voting skills we should all get together and enter in every competition we can, because with our powers combined we can pretty much do anything, or become Captain Planet. I'm down with either really.

Thanks again everyone.



"By your powers combined, I am Captian Planet!"



"GO PLANET!"

5 comments:

Shannon said...

i KNEW you would take a close second, Kara. I'll vote for you any time of the day. and i got the biggest kick out of your Captain Planet metaphor. that was awesome.

p.s. my grill is hot and ready and waiting!!!! I'm so excited to make chicken salad grilled cheeses...of course Aaron in invited, too! (and you know Grace is...do I even have to mention it?)

The Chappells said...

oh BOO! I would have totally faked more names wiht other emails but like all the comments I saw were you so I wasn't too worried. Silver is good right? Congrats!! If you guys are up in the DC area you should have my sister take some pics for you...Cerina j photography. She's pretty awesome!! She does all the great candids of Saylie you find on my blog and those are without editing!!

Rachel Barnard said...

k lets get real, she may be a military wife but her picture was mere ordinary. :)

Jenni said...

Too bad I saw your blog post too late. I would've voted for you. And, if you have to lose, it may as well be to a military wife.

breadncheeseplease.com said...

I'm so disappointed... I thought for sure you were going all the way!!! But let's get real for just a minute... WIND, WATER... and my personal favorite... HEART!

LOVE IT! You are hilarious.... can't wait to visit in just a few months!!