Wednesday, March 17, 2010

Cheers to St. Patrick

Happy St. Patricks Day
I got an unfortunate text from Aaron this morning reminding me that I needed to wear green. You can tell how much we love this holiday by the fact that we both forgot about it. Thankfully, I own a few green things, but when I went searching through Grace's drawers (which now desperately need to be reorganized), the only green-ish thing I could find was a onesie with a green giraffe and a green bow. Now, if St. Patrick had been more into pink, Grace would have totally been ready.

I feel bad for not being more festive, however, I did get some good ideas from people like Lucky Charms and green milk, shoes that you fill with candy, and dying any sort of food item green. Hopefully next year I'll be more on the ball. Good thing Grace doesn't remember too much.

Cheers to You St. Patrick!

5 comments:

Jamie said...

i felt bad because i was in a rush to get out the door to babysit those 5 kiddos and i forgot to wear green or put sadie in it. we did NOTHING festive at all. made me kinda sad when we were getting ready for bed and the day was over. i have big plans for next year though! and i'm also going to make up for it in a few weeks on easter! cute pic of you two!

Tiffany said...

I was totally the same way this year! We moved into a new place on Tuesday, and so we were unpacking like crazy on Wednesday... and at about 5:00, I said to Ryan, "Oh yeah... Happy St. Patrick's Day!" I couldn't believe I forgot it!

Ashby said...

St. Patrick's Day is just another day in our house. No dying food, no lucky charms. At least you made the effort and wore green. That's more than I can say for our sorry 3/17 celebration.

Unknown said...

I totally forgot about St. Patrick's day this year until dinner time... maybe next year I will be more on the ball!
p.s. I just read the Hunger games - they are the best!! Anyways I was excited when I saw that you had read them too.

The Mostess said...

You have a year to prepare. Start planning now!