Thursday, March 11, 2010

6 Months

Gracie is now 6 months old. Its been bittersweet for me. Bitter because 6 months sounds so old to me, she isn't my tiny little bug anymore. Its sweet because 6 months has been my favorite so far, which is what I say every month but I mean it for reals this time.

Here is a little comparison for you. (Sorry I don't know how to put the pictures side by side). This is Gracie's announcement picture taken when she was a week old.
Compared to the picture I took yesterday of Gracie in the same basket/blanket combo.
We went to Grace's 6 month appointment to gather some stats and get some shots.
Thankfully Scooby-Doo was there to make sure the situation was under control
She is 14.8 pounds- 25th percentile
and 26 inches- 60th percentile

Here is the rundown of Grace at 6 months

She wants to grab and touch everything in sight. Hair, bugs, paper, toys, grass, trash etc.
With that said, she likes to take the above items that she grabs and immediately put them in her mouth.
She is learning how to sit up although she hasn't quite mastered it yet
She is happy 97% of the day
She pokes her head out of her crib to watch me walk out of her room after I lay her down. It cracks me up.
She loves her exer-saucer
(and I love Alie for letting me borrow it)
She is a rolling machine. She spends more time off her play mat than on it.
She is starting to scoot. She'll either get up on her knees or use her elbows to scoot forward a little bit. I feel like its all down hill from here.
Sorry about the terrible picture, it was the only evidence I had.

Oh how I love this girl. I wish there were more words to describe how awesome life is with her in it. I've learned a lot in the first 6 months. A lot about Grace and a lot about myself. I'm excited for the challenges and the joys that the next months, years, etc have in store

By the way, Grace is an official member of the Brown team, her eyes have finally settled on a color.

8 comments:

Julie Markham said...

While six months is a great age -- seven months is even better! Darling, darling baby.

Mema of 5 said...

The picture of Grace in the basket at 6 months is so cute! I can't believe how big she seems in comparison to the announcement photo. She IS a happy girl!

Btw, I looked at Taylor's eyes today and I think maybe he's OFF the Blue Team. That leaves me, Aaron, hopefully Cade and maybe Matt's future wife. We are small but we are the best!

Kinzie Sue said...

Happy 6 Months Gracie Girl!! These babies just grow up too fast, but I agree, each age and stage just gets better and better! She is such a cute and happy baby!! (Brenner welcomes you to the brown team!)

Ashby said...

That basket picture of her is hilarious! I love that she is almost giggling while laying in the basket. She looks just like Aaron in those pictures!

The Gilberts said...

You will keep lying to us all, every new month will be your favorite -- they just keep getting cuter and grabbing a tighter grip on the heart! So cute to see the changes, and I love her basket shot, looking out the window.

Diana said...

I think I love every picture in this post, she's such a smiley/happy baby. I wish we could have hung out today and seen that little smile. Boo for morning sickness.

Anonymous said...

Jack loves to play with the Cosco wipes too, so crinkly, :) Leah Crane La Monica

The Coons Family said...

I am seriously cracking up of the picture of Grace looking at you as you leave the room. TOO CUTE! I also cannot believe you don't have a DVR! I don't know what I would do! I am so proud of you!

We need to see each other, it has been WAY to long! When are you going to Utah again? Or Southern CA? Or Las Vegas? Maybe we could meet in Reno? We may be coming out to Sacramento for a wedding this May... perhaps we could get together?